Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Again's Avatar Fresher to Death

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jiiigglypuff View Post
    Shut the **** up you lil sissy ****. Your music sucks and sounds like farts.
    The fact that you're responding like this just shows you're wrong and that you know nothing about the genre.
    Turn a GOLDEN boy into GREEN.
    Again4FM

Leon (GOD) < Dave

Country
    Thanks
    N.Y. State of mind is just amazing.

NagrShiv, Strain, Jonathan pls, Stuwadie, SunFire, Taint, Surfen, Damp-EZ, Mura, Marcelo, PETER
    Occulus, Tzunami Best0, Shino, Ricky, Linzor, Yohan, Again, Traumatis3r, MIDGET, Sonji, Michi

Bitch you ain't allowed to FLEX. #ShireEmpire, #NOFLEXZONE #Shirenation

S/O TO LEO AKA DA LION KING, AKA BULBA SLAYA, AKA ISRAEL ELITE, AKA YUNG DETECTIVE, AKA LEO DA LION, AKA TORTURE SQUAD, AKA DA BAWSS, AKA I KNOW I OWE YOU 1000 COINS, AKA I STILL HAVEN'T REACHED LEVEL 99 YET, AKA SUPERHERO, AKA DEFENDER OF THE #SHIRE, AKA TERRORIST KILLAH, AKA I CANT BELIEVE YOUR AVATAR IS YOUR GF AND I WAS LIKE "*****, U FOR REAL?"

Buddhism's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    nas, az, cormega, wu tang (namely gza, rza, raekwon and ghostface [ghostface still making excellent albums]), tech n9ne (and strange music), outkast, big krit, lil boosie, la the darkman, greg grease, dmx, lupe fiasco, kendrick, joe budden, big pun, fat joe, big l, the old jay z and more are all excellent in their own rite, some make better music than em, em has tons of great music, but he has fallen off imo, and hasn't been consistent whereas some other rappers have been rapping longer and are still producing great music ie. ghostface

edit: forgot about masta ace (one of the most underrated rappers), also spice 1 is a g too, i mean theres tons of ppl that i didnt even mention just read a post and seen masta ace and had to include him cuz hes underrated af

for similar rappers to eminem check out twista, twisted insane, mr. liqs
    Last edited by Buddhism; 10-10-2015 at 03:04 AM.
    i was buggin on an insane trip, my wifey showed me the light==
    soul elevation thru the twin flame tip, yeah, it just us, we are feeling so right
    in pursuit of justice from spaceships, we will always be whole in our Sameness
    sewn like seeds of a star, on our wayback to Oasis
    doing good deeds from a far, destroying the matrix
    WE are not caught up in the matrix
    WE have no fear, escaping that trick be so basic
    this is our world, let us stage it
    learn to love yourselves, then re arrange it
    blessed, we have the chance to give others sight
    we know trueth and what's wrong from what right
    doin due diligence, burning the midnight oil all night
    my wings are growing, aye embrace hers and take flight

Banned

Thanks
    i grew up listening to heavy trap music. keep talkin and am gonna pull up to yo place in a black 4 door with fat gatz blastin

Leon (GOD) < Dave

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jiiigglypuff View Post
    i grew up listening to heavy trap music. keep talkin and am gonna pull up to yo place in a black 4 door with fat gatz blastin
    OMG. u takin this too seriously bruh, chill.

NagrShiv, Strain, Jonathan pls, Stuwadie, SunFire, Taint, Surfen, Damp-EZ, Mura, Marcelo, PETER
    Occulus, Tzunami Best0, Shino, Ricky, Linzor, Yohan, Again, Traumatis3r, MIDGET, Sonji, Michi

S/O TO LEO AKA DA LION KING, AKA BULBA SLAYA, AKA ISRAEL ELITE, AKA YUNG DETECTIVE, AKA LEO DA LION, AKA TORTURE SQUAD, AKA DA BAWSS, AKA I KNOW I OWE YOU 1000 COINS, AKA I STILL HAVEN'T REACHED LEVEL 99 YET, AKA SUPERHERO, AKA DEFENDER OF THE #SHIRE, AKA TERRORIST KILLAH, AKA I CANT BELIEVE YOUR AVATAR IS YOUR GF AND I WAS LIKE "*****, U FOR REAL?"

Banned

Thanks
    no fuk this shit im pissed gonna body this lil boy

Eddie's Avatar find ɟlǝsɹnoʎ

Country
    Thanks
    I hate the "who's the best" argument because no one knows how to fairly judge who the best is. You guys are comparing Eminem, an artist who has been in the game for almost two DECADES now, to artists who just recently got into the game within the past 5-8 years. If you're going to compare artists, make sure they're
    A) From the same generation of the Hip-Hop culture, and
    B) Make sure their styles are at least somewhat similar

Pac and Biggie ? Of course they're amazing artists. Two of the best of their time. But that's just it, from THEIR time. Is it really fair to compare two deceased artists who both have been deceased for almost two decades now, to newgen artists who are for the most part still in their prime ? Hip-Hop has changed so much when you jump from the 90s/early millennium style to whatever you'd like to call this new era of "Hip-Hop" lol.

When you've got two completely different styles and you're trying to compare who the best is, it's not a fair judgement. It's like trying to say what's better between Rap and Rock. If you say, for example, Eminem is better than someone like idk... Big Sean. That's ****ing apples to oranges right there dude lol. They're incomparable.

Me personally ? I don't think Eminem is the best. He's a damn good artist, but his newer stuff just doesn't sit well with me. To me, Em went from deep story lines where you could feel the emotion in his words, to just rapping quickly about damn near anything. Yeah it's a hell of a talent and he's damn near untouchable when you try to compare anyone else to his speed and rhyming skills, but I don't see any real structure anymore in his songs/albums other than a couple that stand out from his newer work. I'm probably gonna get torn a new one for this, but as of right now Drake is probably the best artist, when we're speaking in terms of art. He's stayed true to his style (2008 Drake is really no different than 2015 Drake. Only difference is he's better now). He knows how to use proper transitions in an album, rather than throwing together a compilation of hits with no structure or order to them. He also knows how to properly place these hits into his albums without ruining the structure. His production quality is always up to par if not better. His flow and his voice always match up with the instrumentals he uses, and the instrumentals almost always match up the meaning/mood behind the song. Even the songs he features in are amazing. You can take any shitty rap song out there, but you throw Drake on the feature and Drake makes the song instantly better. I can go on and on defending "soft ass Drake" but there's a reason "soft ass Drake" gets so much hype. It's because he's good. When you look at all of the elements of music, he's the only newer generation artist that really excels in all of the aspects.

There are plenty of lyricists who are amazing and I'd gladly place them in the rank of #1, but they're underground, no-name artists with no achievements. Part of being the best comes from your achievements and being widely known.

/rantover
    /kek

Eddie | Kiwi | Suiji

Leon (GOD) < Dave

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I hate the "who's the best" argument because no one knows how to fairly judge who the best is. You guys are comparing Eminem, an artist who has been in the game for almost two DECADES now, to artists who just recently got into the game within the past 5-8 years. If you're going to compare artists, make sure they're
    A) From the same generation of the Hip-Hop culture, and
    B) Make sure their styles are at least somewhat similar

Pac and Biggie ? Of course they're amazing artists. Two of the best of their time. But that's just it, from THEIR time. Is it really fair to compare two deceased artists who both have been deceased for almost two decades now, to newgen artists who are for the most part still in their prime ? Hip-Hop has changed so much when you jump from the 90s/early millennium style to whatever you'd like to call this new era of "Hip-Hop" lol.

When you've got two completely different styles and you're trying to compare who the best is, it's not a fair judgement. It's like trying to say what's better between Rap and Rock. If you say, for example, Eminem is better than someone like idk... Big Sean. That's ****ing apples to oranges right there dude lol. They're incomparable.

Me personally ? I don't think Eminem is the best. He's a damn good artist, but his newer stuff just doesn't sit well with me. To me, Em went from deep story lines where you could feel the emotion in his words, to just rapping quickly about damn near anything. Yeah it's a hell of a talent and he's damn near untouchable when you try to compare anyone else to his speed and rhyming skills, but I don't see any real structure anymore in his songs/albums other than a couple that stand out from his newer work. I'm probably gonna get torn a new one for this, but as of right now Drake is probably the best artist, when we're speaking in terms of art. He's stayed true to his style (2008 Drake is really no different than 2015 Drake. Only difference is he's better now). He knows how to use proper transitions in an album, rather than throwing together a compilation of hits with no structure or order to them. He also knows how to properly place these hits into his albums without ruining the structure. His production quality is always up to par if not better. His flow and his voice always match up with the instrumentals he uses, and the instrumentals almost always match up the meaning/mood behind the song. Even the songs he features in are amazing. You can take any shitty rap song out there, but you throw Drake on the feature and Drake makes the song instantly better. I can go on and on defending "soft ass Drake" but there's a reason "soft ass Drake" gets so much hype. It's because he's good. When you look at all of the elements of music, he's the only newer generation artist that really excels in all of the aspects.

There are plenty of lyricists who are amazing and I'd gladly place them in the rank of #1, but they're underground, no-name artists with no achievements. Part of being the best comes from your achievements and being widely known.

/rantover
    /kek
    Damn son, that's a huge ass argument. And a well pointed out one.

Chicken's Avatar WHY DAVE

Country
    Thanks
    Kendrick Lamar > J.Cole > Logic > Drake

To ppl who never listened to Logic :

Logic has real meaning in his songs , Drake is bs tbh like "RUNNING THRU THE 6 WITH MY WOES" , what's a 6? I think Logic has way more talk than Drake , drake will refer water as alcohol in his songs , fk dat ok

Leon (GOD) < Dave

Country
    Thanks
    Meh, I don't like drake myself.

Just not my cup of tea I guess?

If I were to choose between him and good 'ol em, I'd choose 'em ofc.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread Information