Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    I think the numbers being thrown around here are blown way out of proportion, but there definitely needs some more "official" engagement for the tournament. In addition to earlier suggestions like official accounts on twitch/Youtube/tiktok etc and mass e-mails, maybe some type of trailer for it and small "FGunZ 2v2 Summer Tournament sign-ups are open!" banners on fgunz.net/the forums/discord/the launcher/in-game could also be done. Smaller servers have done more with less. Even just a thread to have a conversation about it would be great, imo restricting the announcement post just be for sign-ups is a waste. Why not let anyone post anything on-topic there? Just to have a hub for people to recruit a teammate if they don't have a partner or for spectators to express their hype for the event or for participants to talk trash. It can't possibly be that hard to sift through forum posts to find sign-ups, and if it does, it's better to use Google Forms for that type of thing anyway.

I don't mean to tell the staff how they should run their event but I think a tiny bit more effort can be put into it beyond just periodical server-wide announcements. I remember last year's 1v1 tournament, the most I got out of it was Tom streaming the final Aurelia vs Bart. He doesn't usually stream so he still wasn't used to it and the quality didn't come out great which was a shame because it was a great match.

Bet SunRui could make a dank 1-minute trailer using select replays from previous tourneys

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amamin View Post
    I think the numbers being thrown around here are blown way out of proportion, but there definitely needs some more "official" engagement for the tournament. In addition to earlier suggestions like official accounts on twitch/Youtube/tiktok etc and mass e-mails, maybe some type of trailer for it and small "FGunZ 2v2 Summer Tournament sign-ups are open!" banners on fgunz.net/the forums/discord/the launcher/in-game could also be done. Smaller servers have done more with less. Even just a thread to have a conversation about it would be great, imo restricting the announcement post just be for sign-ups is a waste. Why not let anyone post anything on-topic there? Just to have a hub for people to recruit a teammate if they don't have a partner or for spectators to express their hype for the event or for participants to talk trash. It can't possibly be that hard to sift through forum posts to find sign-ups, and if it does, it's better to use Google Forms for that type of thing anyway.

I don't mean to tell the staff how they should run their event but I think a tiny bit more effort can be put into it beyond just periodical server-wide announcements. I remember last year's 1v1 tournament, the most I got out of it was Tom streaming the final Aurelia vs Bart. He doesn't usually stream so he still wasn't used to it and the quality didn't come out great which was a shame because it was a great match.

Bet SunRui could make a dank 1-minute trailer using select replays from previous tourneys
    Great ideas! I think banners are great! You can have a banner in lobby in game and in forum under the "forum whats new and discord" could be like "gunz tourney august 31st! Twitch.tv/fgunz!! // new shotguns (insert names) in store!! // 50% off coins from aug 11th - 31st. " The numbers i stated are still very possible, fgunz has the longest standing community. Viewer count on twitch is what id be betting on. You can probably convert some of those viewers after 2 3 tourneys. 400- 600 viewers on twitch is not far fetched. If active players are watching which is around 180 200~ and the 26k even if you can get like .005% of old players to watch 400 to 600 is low. Yeah i remember having to ask aurelia who won lmao, but he was already wearing the shotgun. Id be more interested if sunrui was a castor LOL.

And btw these numbers are just for active players currently and forum accounts using email marketing. I havent even added in the amount of traction tiktok can bring. I think im undershooting hard imo.
    Last edited by degijas1; 08-08-2023 at 05:03 PM.

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Amamin View Post

sunrui = sacrificial lamb?

i would but dont know if past have replay

edit: even if people wanted to send cw clips can make something work

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

4. The following user said thank you to SunRui for this useful post:

Amamin (08-08-2023)

Thread Information