Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Desecration View Post
    I do like the idea of adding participation points, but then that starts to feel like we're catering to everyone. And with the whole negative stigma on "participation trophies" this suggestion starts to come off like such.
    Giving someone the equivalent of a 10 cent coin for simply participating in an event isn't likely going to put a sour taste in anyone's mouth. The aim is to increase participation because events are simply more fun the more people there are, but like the OP said some players get discouraged because more players = less chances of winning. So what happens is that they play, for example, Dodgeball event with 16 players because they don't mind losing in it but wouldn't join the following Gun Game event, not because they don't enjoy it, only that they enjoy it less. So now the player count for that event decreases, which further discourages other players who would have played Gun Game if there were more people to play it with. So me personally, I'm very much in support of the x10 idea. That little incentive to keep participating I think might be enough to retain player count better.

Like if you join 100 events at all then shit I think you deserve being given that 10 event points at least.

2. The following user said thank you to Amamin for this useful post:

cevo (04-25-2023)

Thread Information