Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fearlesss's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    I think implementing a feature that allows players to make rooms that only certain K/D ratios can enter. This will make sure that there can be rooms that noobs can play in together and not get ran over constantly by seasoned players.

Im going to check out the training bot, that sounds very useful and im interested to see what frooples is cooking up!

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Fearlesss View Post
    I think implementing a feature that allows players to make rooms that only certain K/D ratios can enter. This will make sure that there can be rooms that noobs can play in together and not get ran over constantly by seasoned players.

Im going to check out the training bot, that sounds very useful and im interested to see what frooples is cooking up!
    What if we create a new account/character and our K/D isn't high? We'll be able to play against those "noobs".

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ommadawn View Post
    What if we create a new account/character and our K/D isn't high? We'll be able to play against those "noobs".
    I mean if you want to try that hard to play noobs youre just trash trying to increase you kd to "appear' good. But I suppose if its any character on an account with a substantial kd.

- - - Updated - - -

or just make a room where kstyle isnt possible haha

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    I mean if you want to try that hard to play noobs youre just trash trying to increase you kd to "appear' good. But I suppose if its any character on an account with a substantial kd.

- - - Updated - - -

unfortunately, gunz is a game that requires the community to make their own separations based on skill, and right now, that simply isnt possible with the number of players.

you cant change the base game in order to appeal to "noobs" because then they wont experience the game like other people from the get go.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    unfortunately, gunz is a game that requires the community to make their own separations based on skill, and right now, that simply isnt possible with the number of players.

you cant change the base game in order to appeal to "noobs" because then they wont experience the game like other people from the get go.
    the absolute only way that this pserver will be brought back to life is if we make it appeal to new players so I really do not understand where you are coming from?

SunRui's Avatar sun rui

Country
    Thanks
    the absolute only way that this pserver will be brought back to life is if we make it appeal to new players so I really do not understand where you are coming from?
    the problem with this statement is the fact that this is a private server rather than an official game. the (active) gunz community is already split between different servers. there is really no way to make a game this old running on a pserver appeal to new players, they'll be mowed down by long time players. removing kstyle and creating "noob only" rooms already divides a dwindling playerbase and is a poorly crafted bandaid fix to a problem that in my eyes is unfixable.

if we're to open up advertising there should be actual rewards for new players that keep them interested in playing. rather than "daily rewards" every 3 hours, new accounts under a unique IP (or however you'd stop "abuse" of this system) for X amt of time should just receive rewards when they log in. it's hard to think a new player is going to spend 3 hours a day playing this game dying repeatedly or being bored out of their mind trying to quest.

i would also recommend EXP boosts to newer accounts for a week, and maybe a referral system (i swear there was one like 10 years ago on here lol), and anything else people could think of tbh. of course with that being said, it's entirely dependent on the fact that we're actually able to retain new players and keep them playing here longer than a day at most.

with that being said, i think it's unrealistic to think that a new player would spend their time getting mowed down on a private server with "pay2win" weapons & no understanding of the actual game/how it works rather than just playing something else that's easier to pick up, plays better and feels more rewarding.

i genuinely do wish you luck finding new players though!

一直躲在月光背面
    想让动作更熟练

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    I feel like at that point just tell em to play gunz 2 .-. But yeah even if this idea was implemented, I doubt new players would even make that room themselves. I mean they spent an hour practicing double butterfly, they don't want to waste that effort.

But yeah honestly the best we can do is just to engage with the new players we see joining rooms. Regardless of what cool new idea we have, based on what I've seen, the owners don't really have the inclination to do any high (or even medium) effort changes. Frooples is the only one doing the hard carry. But at its current state, it's good enough that if new players have the encouragement of a mentor and play with friendly dudes when they get on then I'm sure we can get some new comers to stay.

8. The following user said thank you to Amamin for this useful post:

Bunny (12-26-2021)

Country
    Thanks
    I hear tiktok is a decent platform to advertise/make videos. Honestly, we wont retain a new player base without going back to level restricted channels. 1-5, 6-15, 16-30, etc.

Also, remove EX and SGO tags. You want new players to play? Logging in and seeing nothing but EX and SGO rooms already starts to dissatisfy people. Quit putting restrictions on a restricted game already.
    Last edited by Desecration; 01-12-2022 at 09:58 PM.

10. The following user said thank you to Desecration for this useful post:

Cid (01-14-2022)

Thread Information