• No

34 37.36%
  • From tdm's duel halls only

16 17.58%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Steff's Avatar Kira I am lonely </3

Thanks
    FGunZ is fairly inactive.
    It's mostly the same 200 players online everyday and barely people join fgunz.
    There are more people leaving than joining, at first when CW features got added I assumed it would increase the amount of players.
    I was wrong because clan-war people don't just clanwar but also want to play tdms an such.
    Giving a person a whole different spam no aim like feeling when he just joined fgunz wont make him stay.

I know for a fact [R] wont be removed 100%, but can you tell me why not just remove it from tdm's and that mode only?
    The chances of people joining AND staying would be much higher, not to mention preventing people from leaving.

I know FGunZ won't stay for ever but [R] does something with the life span of FGunZ and it aint making it longer.

Again's Avatar Fresher to Death

Country
    Thanks
    The ''oldgens enjoy the game without [r]'' argument is bullshit.

Theres enough ''oldgens'' who like the tag. I've been palying GunZ since 2005. And I LOVE [R]
    I don't spam like most people do, mainly cause I SS and DHS so spamming isn't really a thing.
    I just hate having to wait around for people to get ammo, camp a little, camp some more, more camping... oh wait just a little bit more camping
    get 2 shots in, rush to the ammo pack that respawned. kill the dude. It's boring IMO.
    you AREN'T being forced to play with [R] tell me whatever you want.

Last few days when I've been logging on I've seen loads of rooms without tags being played in, decent TDM's and duels etc.

Why not let the people who enjoy [R] have their fun with it and we'll let you guys have your fun without it. Do whatever you like but I don't want to see the people who vote NO playing in an [R] room, don't be a hypocrite if you voted no.

[R] isn't for you? MAKE A ROOM WITHOUT [R]. Want people to learn the true way of GunZ? Be kind to them instead of bashing them cause they lack skill.
    You aren't gaining support from people who enjoy [R] when they're being called ''newgens'', ''noobs'', ''Dmers''. If all they see from people who vote YES for removal are a bunch of ****s, then ofcourse they won't want to play with you guys.

Be kind to your community and the rest will follow, that's all I can say.
    Last edited by Again; 06-11-2014 at 06:19 AM.
    Turn a GOLDEN boy into GREEN.
    Again4FM

3. The following 2 users say thank you to Again for this useful post:

Alpha (06-11-2014), NagiTamae (06-11-2014)

NagiTamae's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by MadameDeath View Post
    I dont really get why it can not be removed from duels and TDMs, anyone who plays these modes at all will tell you, with [r], it is not enjoyable.
    As someone who frequently plays TDM (mostly AnD), I can say that I don't have a problem with [R]. I imagine it wouldn't be too much fun in a duel though, but since I don't play those, I can't comment on them.
    However, I find TDMs in which people camp with snipers and don't help their team to be unenjoyable.
    Since that's not uncommon to see, I suppose I should just go play/make a room with [SGO]?

Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    Again the arrogant attitude, for once try to be nice and have a normal discussion instead of acting like a douche again. There are some decent arguments for both sides in here, you can do more then post some troll gif. Take an example to your admin, he at least is trying to reason with everyone, unlike you.
    Although not put very elegantly, I think he has a valid point. The main reasoning I've seen here is that [R] "ruins the game". The only elaboration being "BRs and newgens love to spam", which is not only a weak argument, but fundamentally an arrogant attitude also. "Skilled and oldgen people love oldschool, and newgens love the way it is now." is a perfect summary of the recurring theme here. What an ignorant generalisation, it's not black and white. There are skilled and "oldgen" people who don't mind [R] or don't have an opinion, in the same way that there could be "newgen" people who are the opposite. Labeling people as such just makes you seem obnoxious, their opinions matter equally as much as yours.

Another thing that has me baffled is that if the majority of people (going by this thread's poll results) want [R] removed, why aren't there more rooms being created without the tag? Because surely there wouldn't be a problem with [R] if the majority didn't like it and made rooms accordingly. The only conclusion that I can come to is that the majority do not want [R] removed-- or don't care-- and that in itself disproves the results of this poll. Meaning that this thread is pandering to people with a certain playstyle while not being an accurate reflection of what players actually want.
    Last edited by NagiTamae; 06-11-2014 at 06:44 AM.

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Steff View Post
    FGunZ is fairly inactive.
    It's mostly the same 200 players online everyday and barely people join fgunz.
    There are more people leaving than joining, at first when CW features got added I assumed it would increase the amount of players.
    I was wrong because clan-war people don't just clanwar but also want to play tdms an such.
    Giving a person a whole different spam no aim like feeling when he just joined fgunz wont make him stay.

I know for a fact [R] wont be removed 100%, but can you tell me why not just remove it from tdm's and that mode only?
    The chances of people joining AND staying would be much higher, not to mention preventing people from leaving.

I know FGunZ won't stay for ever but [R] does something with the life span of FGunZ and it aint making it longer.
    I like you Steff, but your pessimistic attitude is just wrong. There are 11600 active users on GunZ atm, along with hundreds of new players on a weekly basis. I understand this wanting to remove [R], but do not tie a single thing with the servers survival. There are many factors that affect how many people play this server, and atm, it is on a growing trend.

Last edited by Wucas Pls; 06-11-2014 at 06:51 AM.

6. The following 2 users say thank you to Wucas Pls for this useful post:

Again (06-11-2014), NagiTamae (06-11-2014)

Freestyler

Thanks
    Honestly though.

-----------------------------------------post 1-----------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Godzkiller
    I can see why people would want it removed, but can't see the justification behind actually doing it.
    You should check out the thread before this, the one I made.

People should just start making their own rooms more often.
    You are telling certain players' style to "**** off". These room tags add more flexibility with meta playstyles but also discourage others. So then, telling the discouraged styles to go their own way only negates player activity, communications, more tdms, dms, pvp rooms, more interactions. The solution is to aid people without discouraging other styles of play. Splitting the community by telling a group of players "don't play with us, make your own room" instead of finding a resolve is childish and ignorant if this thought process continues.

Don't like Snipers/Only like SGs? Make a room with with [sgo]
    The solution would be to make as many people as possible to actually like the content in the game. This means balancing out sniper gameplay so it is enjoyable to not only use, but to play against, would be the goal. Not to constantly split the player base as you constantly keep suggesting. If sniper gameplay discourages other playstyles immensively, then something should be done, instead of discouraging sniper and specifics all together. Many room tags have positives, but also come with negatves that should not be ignored and we should be aiming to retain the positives without the negatives instead of consistently come up with half assed resolves.

Don't like RLs/Nades? Make a room with [ex]
    The nades in gunz weren't made with the knowledge of how the meta gameplay would be. More items seen in pvp makes this more intersting, however, if there is a large group of players hating on a specific item, then obviously there needs to be soke balacing done instead of constantly splitting the player base by "styles of play". We should be aiming to unite everyone's style of play and make it enjoyable to fight against different playstyles. Hasn't anyone heard of balancing? Damn it...

Don't like anti-lead? Make a room with [lead]
    at this rate, no one will be playing with no one. Seeing as how this is still going on, FGunZ staff seem to not be able to handle balacing, so basically: I dont know hownto make this work with this, so if there is anyone's playstyle that conflicts with *this*, then I'm sorry, but you're goin to have to make your own room or just play with a select few. At this rate, this server will be the opposite of diversity, since it's too hard to mix and match different things.

There isn't anything wrong with the tags, it's just people who hate them refusing to make their own rooms.
    Everything I said above.

Tags only allow people to play the way they wish to play. They may be OP, but removing them just removes the ability for people to choose how they want to play.
    Tags make certain player's styles more flexible and makes tameplay more open ended for more input with specific players, but at the same time, they discourage many other styles. There is a double negative. This results in the aided styles playing together and the discouraged atyles playin together, spliting the player base. It makes the player base seem much smaller when your actually playing since there is less people that you're actually able to interact with. With results in less player activity, less donations, and more. If you looked at my thread, I have tried my best to retain the positives without the negatives in regards to all this. There is no need for half asses resolves like this.

I'm talking about tags in general because I've seen a lot of people complain about other ones.
    So yea, ya dun know.
    Last edited by DDaggerDD; 06-11-2014 at 09:23 AM.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    You know.. I do like the idea of making it unable to combine [R] & [IA] for a room, that way people still can use one of them in their room.
    That could solve the problem in a way and still keep R in the game, but I actually doubt we will remove R from the game at all.

What we could do is run a poll on the website where players log in and vote for a possible change instead of the forum cause a lot of players are not active on our forum so they cannot discuss it with us.
    I like to drag each player into this instead of just the forum active players, let everyone vote to see the outcome and see what the majority of the players want?

Freestyler

Thanks
    There is a good amount of people that do not know the real issues.

1. "Dont like to fight snipers, make SGO
    - Issue is, fighting sniper gameplay with many playstyles of your own is boring as **** for a lot of people, but to disallow snipers is NOT A RESOLVE. You make it enjoyable to play and fight agains it.

Please tell me I'm not the only one here that can see things for what they really are. Thats just one issue guys, legit what is going ON here.
    Last edited by DDaggerDD; 06-11-2014 at 09:32 AM.

Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks
    For me, this is a personal want not because of "Skill", but because of possible design space for new weapon diversity.

The main reason what typically all shotguns are the same is because say if you were to make a powerhouse with a bad clip/delay (Red Arquebus/Avenger MKII for example), [R] just makes those EXTREMELY overpowered regardless of how bad the clip size maybe or how high the delay is; hence is why none exist in fgunz.

Same can also be said for other weapons; especially with current rockets AND snipers (which you really can't nerf anymore) when spammed, notably in AnD rooms where no [ex] (referring to rockets) tags exist. I'm not saying I demand the removal, it just disappoints me that so many want to keep the tag(s) that impedes possible playstyle variations and currently only favors shotguns and snipers in an ironic attempt to balance everything out.

11. The following user said thank you to Dualage for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (06-11-2014)

Freestyler

Thanks
    Getting on my NERVES.

The story:
    1. Make sniper rifle for more diversity in gameplay
    2. Make no sniper rifle tag for less diversity in gameplay

What IS GOING ON HERE. AM I THE ONLY ONE WITH COMMON SENSE HOLY SHIT LOL.

Steff's Avatar Kira I am lonely </3

Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    You know.. I do like the idea of making it unable to combine [R] & [IA] for a room, that way people still can use one of them in their room.
    That could solve the problem in a way and still keep R in the game, but I actually doubt we will remove R from the game at all.

What we could do is run a poll on the website where players log in and vote for a possible change instead of the forum cause a lot of players are not active on our forum so they cannot discuss it with us.
    I like to drag each player into this instead of just the forum active players, let everyone vote to see the outcome and see what the majority of the players want?
    Add the question : Do you want to keep [R] or not on the forum launcher linking it to the poll, if they choose to ignore it thats their problem.
    And so far the score is 37/13/25 which would lead to 50/25 for getting it out of TDMS.

Originally Posted by Wucas Pls View Post
    I like you Steff, but your pessimistic attitude is just wrong. There are 11600 active users on GunZ atm, along with hundreds of new players on a weekly basis. I understand this wanting to remove [R], but do not tie a single thing with the servers survival. There are many factors that affect how many people play this server, and atm, it is on a growing trend.

http://puu.sh/9opKG/ca58533eda.png
    I like you Wucas, but you have to keep in mind that people got multiple accounts and I doubt that those 11600 active users are all 11600 IPs.
    There are online at a daily basis lets say 600 people (24 hour course).
    It used to be more like when IJJI closed it would be like 1000, and the rising player count atm is because of the summer vacation that is comming.
    People will choose what to server to go to after a few days it has worked like this for a long time.
    I understand there are many factors, but I think (know a few examples) of people leaving because they got sick of [R].
    How ever if you look below to my responds to stephan you will see a fairly good idea and if more people vote after that then just only remove it from tdms.
    It would keep [R] and keep alot of people satisfied, it's like removing [DMG3] from quests without a poll or from infection and even got removed from tdms.

Originally Posted by StephanM View Post

Add the question : Do you want to keep [R] or not on the forum launcher linking it to the poll, if they choose to ignore it thats their problem.
    And so far the score is 37/13/25 which would lead to 50/25 for getting it out of TDMS.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information