Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Zabu's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    They're as good as donors for 200 coins, but not as good as Lucky Box items. Tourny items were never as good as lucky box items, e.g. the tourny shotgun was never as strong as the Limitbreaker. That hasn't changed.
    V8 was released 2 days ago and about 12-17 players got that 'rare' sword.
    When you guys host tournaments since 2014 and i literally see 6-8 people have them(tourney swords). (What is the rare thing here)
    Not to mention that you host 2 tournaments every year.
    Yup tourney items should be unique.
    As leo and linzor said its hard to get them. (Haha ).
    Last edited by Zabu; 10-15-2017 at 05:22 PM.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zabu View Post
    V8 was released 2 days ago and about 12-17 players got that 'rare' sword.
    When you guys host tournaments since 2014 and i literally see 6-8 people have them(tourney swords). (What is the rare thing here)
    Not to mention that you host 2 tournaments every year.
    Yup tourney items should be unique.
    As leo and linzor said its hard to get them. (Haha ).
    12 people got it because of the substantial amount of coins theyve accumulated in v7.
    Only reason there are not as many tournies is because staff are too lazy to host them.

Zabu's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    12 people got it because of the substantial amount of coins theyve accumulated in v7.
    Only reason there are not as many tournies is because staff are too lazy to host them.
    Some people got them by spending 200-400c.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    1) V7 was at 1.15 - 1.2 GB RAM usage. V8 is at 1.1 GB (0.8 GB with D3D9EX enabled)
    2) The ping display in V7 would update every 3 seconds, in V8 it updates every second. It seems more jumpy but it's not. Just more accurate.
    Interesting,
    I'll have to try the D3D9EX option out I just know that from personal experience it seemed like v8 made the fan run a little louder on my PC. Do you know if the D3D option makes any difference in gameplay? For instance on v7 all of the additional custom graphics code actually slowed down input delay and general sluggishness. The biggest offender was on any resolution that wasnt 4 : 3 like GunZ was originally built on, it would feel really muddy.

Maybe it was just a case of bad luck with player connections but last night the ones I played seemed much more warpy but I do keep an eye on ping all the time so I'll keep in mind on how fast the ping updates.

-
    Something to take into consideration for the hitbox argument.
    While they are more accurate and seems like it took a lot of work to change it seems like these hitboxes are probably more suited for a Sim game, I've seen the same sort of "modernized" accurate hitbox in games before but its almost always for slower paced games like Counter Strike. In most or all Arena FPS's they don't go for the more accurate to life hit boxes and have more like GunZ's old gunning hitboxes GunZ has a lot of that Arena FPS feel to it with fast kill based gameplay, and the new hitbox changes ultimately make it much harder to kill and in effect would make GunZ more difficult and less enjoyable for the majority of players who dont have godlike aim.

While the new Unreal Tournament tried for a more standard approach with a capsule, Quake Champions instead went the more realistic hitbox approach, against ArenaFPS arcade style standards and it negatively effects the players enjoyment.
    https://clips.twitch.tv/FaintSpoopyMomTebowing

-
    Oh and for the Gems, which seem like the most amount of work in v8 went into the upgrades concept.
    I think tying any of the already upgraded gems or upgraded guns to the achievements would work out well since the staff put the effort to reflect achivements on the website, but having a real tangible benefit to the achievements would make people more inclined to shoot for them. That way you can add in all sorts of achievement rewards for all of the different game modes.
    Last edited by Qwin; 10-15-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Michi's Avatar spread kindness

Country
    Thanks
    soo uhhh that gm we were talking about acouple of months ago. . . . . . :>

cheers guys

6. The following user said thank you to Michi for this useful post:

Bunny (10-17-2017)

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Pushed a patch in an attempt to fix the Launcher update problem. Hopefully it works.

8. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Eagle (10-18-2017)

Country
    Thanks
    Hey, after the server restart, the launcher keeps trying to update files but it keeps saying the update failed. the message is "error: move patch files".

How do i fix this?

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by ^5JC View Post
    Hey, after the server restart, the launcher keeps trying to update files but it keeps saying the update failed. the message is "error: move patch files".

How do i fix this?
    For those of you that still have Launcher problems (we're looking into it), you can download the latest client files at http:///LatestClient.zip

11. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Eagle (10-18-2017)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    when r we going to have the ability to expand friendlist ingame? '-'

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    when r we going to have the ability to expand friendlist ingame? '-'
    +1, QoL stuff is why I've stuck with FG in the first place.

Also @Dave, @McSic
    The new launcher or GunZ.exe you pushed is causing GunZ to shut down when a firewall or anti virus is turned on, even after already loading GunZ. It doesn't effect me, because I use a different method than just standard anti-virus and firewalls but it's effecting my friend. He didn't have the issue when v8 was first launched. He can still play, but doesn't like having to disable his security just to do it.
    Last edited by Qwin; 10-19-2017 at 08:39 PM.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information