I believe it works by having you record a move and you try to repeat the exact inputs done to make that move.

The problem with it is that it records the exact same inputs and you MUST do the exact input as the recording, which doesn't work with configs that use scroll. Scrolling down for example: when you scroll down by just flicking your finger, it recognizes that as multiple instances of scroll downs because every time your scroll wheel hits one of those bumps, that's a single instance of scroll down.

Obviously nobody who uses scroll moves their scroll wheel up or down only once each bump. The exact number of scroll wheel bumps aren't supposed to be the same each time either.

Other than that, some moves require you to press two or three buttons at the same time depending on your config. With dashbreak for example -- while the sequence of the moves is technically jump > dash left > slash > swap to gun > gun dash right > shoot, it's not like I have to do space > DD > left click > 2 > AA > left click because this would just be half step. I would have to do it like space > D > D+left click > 2+A > A > left click, and the moves between the first D and the second A are done at almost the exact same motion and there's some leeway with how I sequence my button presses.

I think that, if the scroll wheel thing is fixed and it recognizes dashes of any direction, then the hardest move I can see it accurately teach is just reload half step, which should be fine for new players. Moves that require jump buffers like HHS for example don't need a precise time for you to jump, just as long as you jump before hitting the floor. Still, once players can do RSS and RHS then they should be fine relying on tutorials on youtube or help from other players at that point.