Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zabu View Post
    Name: Lunge The Staff
    Objective: This event is hosted at Stairway map, This event is similar to the official event Flip The Staff, but you gotta use only daggers, your objective is to lunge the host off the edge (kill him by lunging him into oblivion).
    The host will have dagger only, and he'll be running around the map trying to survive.
    Rules: No using swords, No Macroing, No lagging/spiking & Don't camp.
    Room tags: [ng][ni][m].
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    This is a twist i came up with that a host can use in his DFD Event whenever he hosts it (which is never).
    by adding the [J0] tag to it, players can no longer get back up to the upper platforms as easily, which gives them an incentive to either medstyle or grenade their way up, slower than they would if they had the ability to jump. this also makes camping harder as you cannot jump over a grenade at your feet to avoid getting too much knockback from it which overall makes the game more intense and challenging.

Tested both events, both of them are absolutely viable as events.

DFD without jumping makes it a bit more difficult for people to stay alive and shortens the event time so I actually like it.

Lunge the staff is an interesting twist because you can't camp and spam flip the entire time, if you mess up your lunge to kill me, you can die yourself.

2. The following 2 users say thank you to Cid for this useful post:

Bunny (08-13-2017), Zabu (08-12-2017)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    1) change up events like gungame, deathmatch, bumper cars (maps that can be used: DBZ, Stairways, Dungeon, Dungeon II, High Haven, McBrickz, Terrace of the sky), Counter strike and duel, in the following way;

instead of having players reach a certain number of kills and have the points distributed for 1st place, second place, and third place, it will go like this;
    relaymap, with 5 maps, and about 10 kills to end the game. first person to end the game wins an event point, and there would be several different maps (as described in bumper cars)

2) this event:
    Team Gladiator
    Description: Person who gets to the x amount of kills wins.
    Rules: No force-lagging.
    Game Mods: None

would be nice to actually know what this event is and have it hosted since it never is..?

Cid's Avatar Highwind (wetdream)

Country
    Thanks
    1) change up events like gungame, deathmatch, bumper cars (maps that can be used: DBZ, Stairways, Dungeon, Dungeon II, High Haven, McBrickz, Terrace of the sky), Counter strike and duel, in the following way;

instead of having players reach a certain number of kills and have the points distributed for 1st place, second place, and third place, it will go like this;
    relaymap, with 5 maps, and about 10 kills to end the game. first person to end the game wins an event point, and there would be several different maps (as described in bumper cars)

2) this event:
    Team Gladiator
    Description: Person who gets to the x amount of kills wins.
    Rules: No force-lagging.
    Game Mods: None

would be nice to actually know what this event is and have it hosted since it never is..?

Now , to be honest with you, I really enjoy straight up PvP events because it not only allows the host to compete and have fun with the players, it's also a way to take something we are all used to and turn it into a simple event. The berserker event is hosted in the manner that you say, where one player earns a single event point per map/reset instead of a +3 , +2 , +1 system. Doing any event this way is completely viable as is and would be up to any host's discretion.

As for the team gladiator. The way that works in contrast to a gladiator event, is that the friendly fire function is active. When you spawn on the blue team, you will instantly be locked into a last man standing gladiator survival scenario.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Spaceships

I have 2 variations for this event;
    Rocket version:
    Spoiler!

Dagger version:
    Spoiler!

Also added it to moi app

Tenax's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    Spaceships

I have 2 variations for this event;
    Rocket version:
    Spoiler!

Dagger version:
    Spoiler!

Also added it to moi app
    It sounds too messy, honestly, people can equip two weapons at once, for a starter. It doesn't seem like a stable event to be hosted as well, I just don't see it working out. MESS MESS MESS.

However, the dagger one, I am a bit confused by it, but I am willing to test it [ Without giving anyone any event points though - or announcing it ] just to see what you're trying to say there. If it works it, it'll be announced, we'll see how things will go from there.

7. The following 3 users say thank you to Tenax for this useful post:

Bunny (11-14-2017), Canpai (11-14-2017), Ricky (11-14-2017)

wys

Country
    Thanks
    Event: lunge the poop
    tag: glad esp (optional)
    Description: map stairways, host must run around the map while players try lunge them with a dagger into oblivion.
    rules: no hacking, daggers only, no macro and no force lagging. Host must not force lag to save himself or use any commands.

Unique event idea my ass
    Last edited by Mex; 05-25-2018 at 08:43 AM.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mex View Post
    Event: lunge the poop
    tag: glad esp (optional)
    Description: map stairways, host must run around the map while players try lunge them with a dagger into oblivion.
    rules: no hacking, daggers only, no macro and no force lagging. Host must not force lag to save himself or use any commands.

Unique event idea my ass
    The same event with a different name was already suggested by Zabu on the 10/8/2017 and replied to by Cid on the 12/8/2017. It was declared absolutely viable for hosting already therefore doesn't need to be suggested again. It also doesnt deserve its own description in the event list therefore ive merely edited it in alongside Flip The Staff.

Thanks
    1. Use speed, high jump, and gravity modifiers.

Tweak existing events sometimes to make them more interesting with the use of such modifiers. DM, Gungame, Gladiator, Counter Strike, etc. can all be quite fun with such mods.

For instance: DM/Gungame event in the Dodgeball map with S300 and low gravity, or FPS mode deathmatch with high speed. Now that's fun and chaos. If I wanted a normal DM, I could even do it in the main channel without all the delay from waiting for passwords, rules, etc.

2. Use the RTD modifier in some events.

My clan usually hosts TDMs with RTD, FPS, RVO mods. Turns out to be great fun. How about a Duel/DM/Glad event with RTD? These kind of games can be quite entertaining.

You guys already have the options for it and none of this requires any brainstorming, either. All it takes is simply adding a couple of modifiers while creating your rooms, and voila!

3. Host some events more often—especially PvP ones (Duel, DM, Gungame, Friendly fire frenzy)

Please don't be lazy. I've never seen Run from Goblin or Lights being hosted in quite some time (I keep bringing this up). There's only so much you can do in kill the staff / flip the staff / run from whatever. Host DM events, guess the password / scramble, and Simon says (with interesting tasks) more often.

Let there be some fun and chaos. Events are meant to be interesting and something different from the regular games that we play. It's not always about event points, since they have little to no value. I've mentioned these points time and again but nobody seems to do anything, so I can only hope to see some changes this time.

Good luck!

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by EternalBeast View Post
    1. Use speed, high jump, and gravity modifiers.

Tweak existing events sometimes to make them more interesting with the use of such modifiers. DM, Gungame, Gladiator, Counter Strike, etc. can all be quite fun with such mods.

For instance: DM/Gungame event in the Dodgeball map with S300 and low gravity, or FPS mode deathmatch with high speed. Now that's fun and chaos. If I wanted a normal DM, I could even do it in the main channel without all the delay from waiting for passwords, rules, etc.

2. Use the RTD modifier in some events.

My clan usually hosts TDMs with RTD, FPS, RVO mods. Turns out to be great fun. How about a Duel/DM/Glad event with RTD? These kind of games can be quite entertaining.

You guys already have the options for it and none of this requires any brainstorming, either. All it takes is simply adding a couple of modifiers while creating your rooms, and voila!

3. Host some events more often—especially PvP ones (Duel, DM, Gungame, Friendly fire frenzy)

Please don't be lazy. I've never seen Run from Goblin or Lights being hosted in quite some time (I keep bringing this up). There's only so much you can do in kill the staff / flip the staff / run from whatever. Host DM events, guess the password / scramble, and Simon says (with interesting tasks) more often.

Let there be some fun and chaos. Events are meant to be interesting and something different from the regular games that we play. It's not always about event points, since they have little to no value. I've mentioned these points time and again but nobody seems to do anything, so I can only hope to see some changes this time.

Good luck!
    1. I have (personally) been using the G J and S tags quite often in my events whether it was hosting flip the staff with s200 or ive hosted dodgeball a few times using G300 and J300 to make your jumps extra funny and unique. I don't see a problem adding tags based on the hosts decision unless those would be gamechanging and break the event like J300 in dont fall down. Expect me to use them frequently when hosting, but its up to the other staff members to decide if they want that in their events.

2. Room tags like RVO SNO and SGO are pretty much always used wherever possible, survivor is rarely if ever hosted normally- that is with every weapon enabled. Same goes for other pvp events where the usage of those tags is possible.
    I can however agree that we dont use the RTD tag as frequently in pvp/skill based events because it adds a factor of RNG where one player may start with 20 health or slow down and the other with 300 hp or speed demon/ninja jump which would cause unnecessary rage where people lose the ability to win based on RNG the moment they spawn. This is why it has been used less frequently but may still be used once in a while (for example in rollercoaster event).

3. I dont think this is as big of a problem as you think it is. Looking at the event log PvP events are hosted rather frequently if not as frequently as the other types.
    Last edited by Bunny; 05-25-2018 at 08:31 PM.

12. The following user said thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

EternalBeast (05-25-2018)

Thanks
    My clan mates and I were doing some unusual TDMs today (using RTD and FPS mods) and we came up with a fun idea: Speedy dagger fights in the Turbo mode. I think it'd make a fun event with low gravity and speed modifiers added to it.

Examples:
    https://gfycat.com/PlumpPopularCrocodile
    https://gfycat.com/EnlightenedEmptyCondor

Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread Information