Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Country
    Posts
    5,020
    Thanked
    2,757
    Thanks
    1,127
    This is not a new topic, race-type events and events where there are more or less the same winners every time are problematic and therefore some hosts limit the maximum wins in such an event to usually +3.
    While this is highly unfair to the players this affects negatively due to the amount of time they had to spend (in the event itself) to get good enough, it's also unfair that those that didnt try as hard as them get to win with much less effort, because this rule used to not exist.

    However, this is not the main point I would like to bring up, because it's known. The point of this debate thread is to discuss players's inability to practice for themselves outside of events, in an environment similar to the one done in an event.

    I'm not sure that the hosts will ever pick up on this, but nearly every single round of lolrace nowadays ends with 1-2 people alive, one of them being the winner. I see this as a fundamental problem, because even if a limitation on the number of wins exists, it doesn't mean someone else will win, because heck, they cant even finish the map for themselves. Limiting a player that finishes's wins does nothing in this aspect.

    I would like to recommend the addition of maps only allowed in the event channel aswell as ALL of the tags that were removed (for no reason) from the normal lobbies that were once available for players, so that players who wish to win race-type events can practice for themselves instead of crying to the host who initially didnt even want to limit the points, but has to because otherwise the majority would "hate" him.

    As seen in the beginning of my stream, here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/526959928 (starting at the 2 minute mark)

    This would allow the hosts to never limit the points, with the explanation that if a player wants to win, he should practice outside of events, as he now has the ability to.

    (not to mention, adding those tags back would add once more an element to fgunz that truly makes it freestyle, and give way more options for players in every room type).
    Last edited by Bunny; 12-27-2019 at 06:10 PM.

  2. The following user said thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

    LostX (12-27-2019)

  3. #2
    New Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Country
    Posts
    22
    Thanked
    50
    Thanks
    5
    yea i agree , maps like dodgeball and race should be added to normal game rooms also tags like G and S to allow players to test things if they want or practice
    Last edited by DonFire; 12-27-2019 at 06:19 PM.

  4. The following user said thank you to DonFire for this useful post:

    LostX (12-27-2019)

  5. #3
    StephanM's Avatar 🌹

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    Posts
    16,574
    Thanked
    1,699
    Thanks
    5,392
    Two questions.

    1. Can the race map be practiced in training mode?
    2. Replace the Mario map with a new map? (one where you cannot die from falling down)
    Last edited by StephanM; 12-27-2019 at 06:40 PM.

  6. #4
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Country
    Posts
    5,020
    Thanked
    2,757
    Thanks
    1,127
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Two questions.

    1. Can the race map be practiced in training mode?
    2. Replace the Mario map with a new map?
    race map is not available outside of the event channel, and only staff members can create rooms there. The same goes for special tags (RTD, G0~300, S0~300, J0~300, SNO, RVO, SGO, NI, NG, NS, NC, NR..)
    supermario cant be removed from race IMO, its existed there for years and it contains everything you need from a race map. More maps wouldnt hurt though (not skillmaps).

  7. #5
    StephanM's Avatar 🌹

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    Posts
    16,574
    Thanked
    1,699
    Thanks
    5,392
    Originally Posted by DonFire View Post
    yea i agree , maps like dodgeball and race should be added to normal game rooms also tags like G and S to allow players to test things if they want or practice
    I disagree, the event maps should be unique and only get a play in events.

  8. The following user said thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

    Castiel (12-27-2019)

  9. #6
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Country
    Posts
    5,020
    Thanked
    2,757
    Thanks
    1,127
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    I disagree, the event maps should be unique and only get a play in events.
    that creates the problem of players complaining because other players who have been playing for years get an inherited advantage having played for a long time, and thus forcing staff members to limit the points that those players can win.

  10. #7
    LostX's Avatar Legendary Hunter

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Country
    Posts
    197
    Thanked
    102
    Thanks
    65
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    I disagree, the event maps should be unique and only get a play in events.
    Well, I really think that these tags could be added to normal rooms. Reasons:

    1. People could do their own events. Let's be honest, there's some guys that do their own events gifting cosmetic items, lucky box items or coins, and the only event (or at least the few ones I've played from them) is Last Man Standing.
    2. Fun on other modes. Why not? These tags can add a fact in normal modes (of course, some of these tags should be disable on PvP modes or the majority of them). And who knows, maybe some players can make some fun event ideas by testing these tags.
    3. Train events out of event channel, and get some fun with the staff. I think all can train these events, like race-type events, dodgeball and others. And ET's could bring some fun with this.

    Of course I understand what you mean by giving a unique experience and fun on events, but giving these tags to the players could be something really good.
    When you think you got over it, you realize you have not and the pain comes again.

    IGN: Sinon & Lost

    Might this will sound cliche, but you don't know what you have with you until you lose it. Appreciate everything you have, you don't know when you'll lose it. Friends, family, pets, anything. The time goes and never comes back, hold on to them like there's no a tomorrow, becouse when they're gone it might hit you hard. And if you do a mistake, be sure to correct it, or else you can lose everything in just one second in front your eyes.

  11. The following user said thank you to LostX for this useful post:

    Zeino (12-27-2019)

  12. #8
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Country
    Posts
    5,020
    Thanked
    2,757
    Thanks
    1,127
    Originally Posted by Sinon View Post
    Of course I understand what you mean by giving a unique experience and fun on events
    I agree with this, but unless the staff team is going to add something completely new (or tons of event ideas, like those i suggested), you (stephan) are not going to find anything unique in events. Unique is often discouraged which is why ets and gms that host constantly do the same 10 events, just look at the log yourself.
    Thats exactly why players are complaining about the same racers every time--players dont get to play the maps and room tags themselves and so 80-90% of them cant even finish half the map.

  13. #9
    Zabu's Avatar Freestyler

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Country
    Posts
    790
    Thanked
    618
    Thanks
    398
    Pls bring back roomtags game getting boring same routine no fun players end up going afk or to another game
    Roomtags were amazing idk y u even removed them but i rmb the huge negative feedback when roomtags were removed...
    As mentioned above players events were more fun than officials imo
    Gravity should be on normal channel cause it gives unusual gameplay and more fun
    Ppl can practice events and how to control themselves with higher/lower gravity/speed etc not just testing it once a week in event channel and complaining about events hosted that way
    Roomtags ni ns ng nr vamp g s m f should be back at normal channel idk just give at a shot guys you wont lose anything
    It will jus be fun for players

  14. The following 2 users say thank you to Zabu for this useful post:

    Bunny (12-27-2019), LostX (12-27-2019)

  15. #10
    Michi's Avatar spread kindness

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Country
    Posts
    3,046
    Thanked
    1,348
    Thanks
    1,070
    The room tags I can agree to give back to the regular channel, I was always in favor of them from the beginning.
    The maps should stay the way they are. They are exclusive to the servers events and it is not needed in the main channel at all. Superflip/cyber sports both have dodgeball arenas also. I don’t see how any mode could benefit more from the maps.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)