Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Frooples View Post
    Spring break is over. You know the drill. Project is low priority again.

To oversimplify how a Gunz replay works, a player starts a recording and starts k-styling; these actions are saved as a bunch of commands and its time of execution. There are different types of commands like slashing, flipping, etc... There is also a special command called basic info that records things like position, direction, velocity, etc... along with the current time of course. Well, at least that's my current understanding.

I managed to get the skeleton of the recording mechanic going, although buggy. Player inputs and its relative time are recorded to a cache and distributed to all bots for playback. It currently only records slashes, flips, massives, and gunfire. It does not record basic info like position, direction, velocity, and animations yet (ran outta time).

I would like to use relative positions, directions, and velocities after capturing the basic info. Then I would consider saving/loading the cache as a binary file.

https://streamable.com/5vfxwz

p.s. Is there a way to embed Streamable videos here? Youtube is too invasive for me.
    So far I know the [VIDEO] tag support is for Hulu YouTube (Long), YouTube (Short), Vimeo, Dailymotion, Metacafe, Google, facebook & Facebook Shares

Would be really sweet to see this bot being finished eventually : )

2. The following user said thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

Frooples (03-29-2021)

Thread Information