Vickachu's Avatar Vikutoru

Thanks

When I open up the GFX section with all the custom maps and items.
    I see a lot of arguing about "being too harsh", "offending people" or "just telling the truth" and all these things you read that are posted by other people.
    Let me explain the following 2 things to you guys.

The first thing is that game design is different from other arts (commonly).
    This means that you aren't totally free to do what your creative mind wants.
    It has rules and standards of what makes something "good" or "bad".
    It's more like architecture (so more technical). To know what these rules and standards are you need to model/design yourself.
    If you don't model you cant possibly know if its good or not. You can only give your opinion on how it looks like.
    And you are allowed to do that but don't start arguments with people who do model, because it will make you look real stupid.
    Game design isn't mainly about if something looks good or not. It's more about something being useful/use able.

The second thing is that some people think we are too harsh on people. The actual thing is that we are just saying the truth.
    Like I explained in the in the first thing, we are just criticizing on facts.
    We can try to explain it to people who do not know modeling but it will only make you think like: wtf? You have to do it for yourself to understand.
    So ignoring comments from (example) Slugheady is very stupid because if you listen to him and you try to understand what he says and try to learn from it you will get better in modeling.
    We are just trying to help you and if you cant take it you shouldn't start because I know actual teachers who are even worse then Slugheady in their comments on work.

Please read this before you start another argument or try looking smart in the custom maps & items sections.
    Last edited by #1Chef; 11-07-2015 at 06:10 PM.

2. The following 7 users say thank you to Vickachu for this useful post:

Galaxy (04-11-2011), HellSniper (04-11-2011), Jessica (04-24-2011), Lucky (04-11-2011), silentsoul (04-23-2011), slugheady (04-11-2011), StephanM (04-11-2011)

Thread Information