Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Syzygy's Avatar The One Who Sees

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Taint just wants to up his post count.

Easy Greg . I honestly don't think the weapons are unbalanced... 9 damage shotguns without donating are widely available, just with -1 ammo and a little higher of a delay. The limitbreaker is a bonus shotgun, and should remain that way. One more damage is not that big of a deal. Compared to other servers that offer 200/200+ HP/AP and 8/8 clips of med with donations, this server is fairly balanced in my opinion (ex. The minimum HP/AP here is 128/110 and the max is 139/119, not that big of a difference).
    That is a comparison to an even more unbalanced server, which holds no weight in this discussion. I am speaking Clearly in terms of GunZ when compared to Freestyle Gunz

And as a more serious reply to your response, I believe that the other servers were more balanced, because they gave more weight to health ratio and health respawn. 8/8 clip of meds makes it so the rounds last longer and it is more based on getting the best damage that you can while you are alive, while not putting too much weight on actually doing the damage. (They leave that up to the player, not to the gun.)
    Last edited by Syzygy; 02-02-2014 at 10:26 AM.

Spoiler!

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Apex View Post
    That is a comparison to an even more unbalanced server, which holds no weight in this discussion. I am speaking Clearly in terms of GunZ when compared to Freestyle Gunz
    hes also not taking the many many seemingly endless amount of in game shop weapons into consideration.

Johnny's Avatar freemyboysojin

Thanks
    What about. Play in a server that offers all guns same damage, clip, delay and every player with same HP/AP. Doesn't this exist. Yeah, it does.
    Click for my gunz highlights

Freestyler

Thanks
    What about. Play in a server that offers all guns same damage, clip, delay and every player with same HP/AP. Doesn't this exist. Yeah, it does.
    No.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by DDaggerDD View Post
    wth, yall needa stop saying crap like "go use suggestion thread" cant tell the difference from a review and a single section suggestion.

So wen it comes to gunz competitive play, in regards to what I said above, the interest of these players is on a rollercoaster.
    Well, really what I'm saying is the best match of competitive and fun directed is a mix of the two, really. competitive is supposed to be fun for all the competitive players, and for everyone else the game should be fun too. Many of the competitive players stayed to the Main Gunz Server or other well-balanced servers, and avoided 'private servers' as a whole that changed the meta too much! Would anyone disagree?

They actually have existed in the past, and I've played a few in my day, and while I'm not saying All Guns Should Have the SAME STATS!

I will say that a more balanced server, where all the weapons have variety in their stats, was a more fun server to play. maybe it would be healthy to nerf or even nuke all shotguns to try to encourage players to use other stats to win the game, a.k.a. other weapons, or means of winning a battle. I'm not asking for a nerf or a nuke though. I'm just asking for a General Balance
    Last edited by Syzygy; 02-02-2014 at 10:52 AM.

Spoiler!

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Apex View Post
    Well, really what I'm saying is the best match of competitive and fun directed is a mix of the two, really. competitive is supposed to be fun for all the competitive players, and for everyone else the game should be fun too. Many of the competitive players stayed to the Main Gunz Server or other well-balanced servers, and avoided 'private servers' as a whole that changed the meta too much! Would anyone disagree?
    Again, competitive =/= just for fun. People needa realize this is the correct comparison terms: Playing to get better vs. The opposite, not playing to get better, which is being on the game to chill, talk with friends while jumping and wall running around in training room. One very important thing that defines "just for fun" playing is exploration and aurprise. You all of a sudden see an event is going to start, but you realize you never played this one before. Then you start playing and your having fun in a dodge the dsword for the first time. Its new, you are just finding the ways on hownto play and watching funny escapes and captures. It comes down to playing new things. If these same events you have now were the only ones since 2 years now, as time passes, strategies and people ego's and reasons for playing these events would change. Why? Because if the reason is not to explore and play something new where you will get unexpected reactions like laughs (compare watching a top 10 fail video for the first time and its funny to you, you have to move on and not watch the samething over and over if your teyna watch for fun, gets stale after a while most of the time) then it will change to playing to beat the rest because if you especially play with the same events and howts for a long time, then nothing is expected, random captures arent funny anymore and everything slowly becomes serious until stale competitiveness takes over.

^ ^ ^ ddfactsdd.com

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by DDaggerDD View Post
    Again, competitive =/= just for fun. People needa realize this is the correct comparison terms: Playing to get better vs. The opposite, not playing to get better, which is being on the game to chill, talk with friends while jumping and wall running around in training room. One very important thing that defines "just for fun" playing is exploration and aurprise. You all of a sudden see an event is going to start, but you realize you never played this one before. Then you start playing and your having fun in a dodge the dsword for the first time. Its new, you are just finding the ways on hownto play and watching funny escapes and captures. It comes down to playing new things. If these same events you have now were the only ones since 2 years now, as time passes, strategies and people ego's and reasons for playing these events would change. Why? Because if the reason is not to explore and play something new where you will get unexpected reactions like laughs (compare watching a top 10 fail video for the first time and its funny to you, you have to move on and not watch the samething over and over if your teyna watch for fun, gets stale after a while most of the time) then it will change to playing to beat the rest because if you especially play with the same events and howts for a long time, then nothing is expected, random captures arent funny anymore and everything slowly becomes serious until stale competitiveness takes over.

^ ^ ^ ddfactsdd.com
    You're losing the point. I'm speaking competitive in terms of fun, meaning it's not win/lose, it's an ongoing struggle to succeed. Whereas you're playing with your friends and constantly trying to do better, only you're all in a clan versus the opponent who's in the same situation. Competition doesn't have to be team vs. team only though, like we see in other gametypes where people also enjoy being competitive.

I'm not speaking in terms of stale competitiveness, I'm speaking in terms of FUN. Some people enjoy a good, fair, competition.

Spoiler!

Freestyler

Thanks
    basically, the longer something in a game stays around and doesnt change or get new things, less exploring, playing while seein something u never seen before and random things like a bolder dropping and chasing u in movies but in a game this time like AVA, wouldnt be unexpected and it wouldn be like dude LOL DODGE THAT!!! But more like, dont forget when we reach here, move towards the right and stay against the wall to not get hit by the bolder. Then, as time passes; dude at this part, dont forget to glitch the map, go inside so we can just run through the bolder part. More time passes; dude, glitch the map and dont be slow, we have to get the best time record. Basically you born die hard players that loved the game for its uniqueness and stayed for that but slowly, but not realizing at first, their interest and reason for playing suddenly changes and these die hard fans will now deny any new things to be added to this game mode, they dont want surprises and stuff like that anymore because they spent too mich time learning one thing.

Thats GunZ.

Relating to clanwar, like it or just GunZ, game devs should of said **** you guys we know what we're doing, and continue to release more clanwar maps tri-monthly, more items, etc, obviously still doing their job to balance the game as they had with thenoriginal content. By addin new things, you force these competitive die hards to not just play town in 1v1s and form all that ego strategy over time and seriousness, you are basically reseting that eac time you guve more content that is balanced and added into gameplay, and adopted into meta, again, being balanced.

ddfactsdd.com

So, if new things were added to the game consistently, these type of players and super ego centrick gameplay that is seen in gunz may no even have existed. Get me? Would mean compettive playing has a better chance to stay fun.
    Last edited by DDaggerDD; 02-02-2014 at 11:14 AM.

Country
    Thanks
    made a mistake in responding to too many people at once, this post was merged with a future one.

Edited: a mistake, spam. sorry
    Last edited by Syzygy; 02-02-2014 at 12:18 PM.

Spoiler!

SheS3xyGirl's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    Maybe we fail to "fix" something due to trying to fix the wrong thing.

Instead of paying attention to the weapons, take another approach; the biggest problem that these powerful weapons have is that they kill you very quickly. A LOT quicker than they should.

What if we changed the dynamic of how HP/AP works? Maybe AP/HP changes with levels? Some sort of build in HP/AP growth. And yes, I understand the point of "Then lvl 99 will have the most HP and crazy weapons". Well, this is true. But that's the point of the balance. Make it so it takes more levels per HP/AP increase, this way the longest gap between 60-99 will not be more than 12-20HP and AP difference. This would compensate for weapon strength while giving a higher level still a purpose in the gun and health advantage.

Let thy mind,
    Hundreds of aeons hence,
    Be set on the midst of knowledge,
    And reject thy source of ignorance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information