View Poll Results: Would you be interested in Freestylers Scape?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

36 54.55%
  • Depends.

9 13.64%
  • No.

21 31.82%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Lygophobia View Post
    If this will be a thing, what i can suggest the most is to create your own framework.
    More work, but a better payoff in the long-run, I've developed for quite a few runescape private servers before.
    All their code is Redundant and just plain dumb. The rsps community is made up of 10 year olds that don't understand programming in the least.
    Using any of the current private servers would be a big mistake. With the exception of Apollo, but i'd still highly suggest that you created your own framework.
    There would be alot less confusion and re-writing perfectly fine code because you didn't know it was there. (cannot tell you how many times i've done that)
    Also, i would suggest writing it in C++ as GunZ is in C++ so if the GunZ Developers did get involved it would be easier for them to understand, also it would
    filter out retarded Java developers who do not know what they are doing 90% of the time and will do a shitty job just because they'd get paid to anyway.
    This, a stable framework for the client where you'd run java in it is fine (even to going away from java should be better.. the NXT client from rs for example).

Originally Posted by Tvirus06 View Post
    A RuneScape Private server in C++ it's pointless. Runescape is written in java and doesn't need much control for a server, also can hold 2k players. If you wan't, feel free to write a C++ server and catch up to the point to what I have in my server. Not every java developer is retarded.

Edit: Also if Dave supports this, then Ill let him decide the name for this. For now I'll stick with Freestylers Scape.
    Yes and no, java can handle a lot but like I said above, if you have a solid framework for the client it is a lot better as just using a .jar as client in my opinion (played some servers and jar client tend to crash when they make a mistake).

I'd be happy to contribute when it comes to writing shops n such (the crunching number stuff, I love it).

2. The following user said thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

Lygophobia (04-05-2016)

Natalie's Avatar Programmer

Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    This, a stable framework for the client where you'd run java in it is fine (even to going away from java should be better.. the NXT client from rs for example).

Yes and no, java can handle a lot but like I said above, if you have a solid framework for the client it is a lot better as just using a .jar as client in my opinion (played some servers and jar client tend to crash when they make a mistake).

I'd be happy to contribute when it comes to writing shops n such (the crunching number stuff, I love it).
    On the server, the shops are loaded by the cache. So that's kinda pointless. However we do have it sorta working hardcoded via java files. This is very basic cause it messes up some time, like causing errors with other stuff.

Lygophobia's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    They released the actual version of that, it's only revision 830? What you on about? My revision is latest to rs3 with invention
    Code quality? and i know they did, but it's still shit, the code is terrible, and you say it's yours, did you completely create it yourself? also, whats your r-s name?

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    On the server, the shops are loaded by the cache. So that's kinda pointless. However we do have it sorta working hardcoded via java files. This is very basic cause it messes up some time, like causing errors with other stuff.
    All I remember of seeing rsps server files was.. you had a file for npc that you could load into the game, make your own shops with certain items and such.

Lygophobia's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    Ew

All I remember of seeing rsps server files was.. you had a file for npc that you could load into the game, make your own shops with certain items and such.
    pls no let him run it seems obvious that he doesn't even know Java. (Quite literally the easiest language to learn imo)

I would suggest re-making the cache aswell, completely dumping all the data into a readable format then re-creating the cache to make it less likely to have shit stolen, have a better understanding of the cache since well, you'll have the developer that created it, also can do as you said and can add shops and etc.. (Also, no .config files all over the source pls, all stored in cache and dynamically loaded pls (70% sure that is what his source is full of)
    Last edited by Lygophobia; 04-05-2016 at 01:19 AM.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Lygophobia View Post
    Ew

pls no let him run it seems obvious that he doesn't even know Java. (Quite literally the easiest language to learn imo)

I would suggest re-making the cache aswell, completely dumping all the data into a readable format then re-creating the cache to make it less likely to have shit stolen, have a better understanding of the cache since well, you'll have the developer that created it, also can do as you said and can add shops and etc.. (Also, no .config files all over the source pls, all stored in cache and dynamically loaded pls (70% sure that is what his source is full of)
    Only had some experience with the old 300s but that was years ago though.

Thanks
    Only had some experience with the old 300s but that was years ago though.
    317's are nasty code lol

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    317's are nasty code lol
    A part of me just died.

Thanks
    A part of me just died.
    Well revision 317 is good, just the code I mean :o. Too many uses it.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Lygophobia's lulz client

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information