View Poll Results: Would you be interested in Freestylers Scape?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

36 54.55%
  • Depends.

9 13.64%
  • No.

21 31.82%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Yin's Avatar the one and only

Country
    Thanks
    Have developers developer for runescape instead of gunz to make server wow nice idea kid

Natalie's Avatar Programmer

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Yin View Post
    Have developers developer for runescape instead of gunz to make server wow nice idea kid
    Who said that? I said different developers. Calm down please.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dualage View Post
    He's referring to the fact that the name would be far easier to track from search bots and whatnot from Jagex or anyone else looking to Cease and Desist. Scape is a common term and can easily be found considering the namesake. If you used a fairly unrelated name, it far decreases the chances of bots filtering the server in.

Probably why NR has been going on for a while now.
    This.

Maybe you could use a part of the Freestylersworld/GunZ in it like.. Free Edge? (part of name + part of the game -> with Edgeville as spawn, which is common if you want to have pking..)

Though having the home at Al Kharid would be cool, got me some nostalgia from the first RSPS I played (Ballscape, RIP <3)
    Last edited by StephanM; 04-04-2016 at 02:33 AM.

Thanks
    I thought about using FreeStyle PK, sounds like a actual server name .

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Tvirus06 View Post
    I thought about using FreeStyle PK, sounds like a actual server name .
    PK in the name is an auto no, like scape.. (besides there is something called RSPSPK.. sounds stupid too).
    Come with something unique, far from the words scape, pk, skill, 317 and so on .

Thanks
    When ever the server ready, I'll have a name by then. . Though eitherway it will be advertised on RSPS websites..
    Last edited by Natalie; 04-04-2016 at 02:59 AM.

Lygophobia's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    If this will be a thing, what i can suggest the most is to create your own framework.
    More work, but a better payoff in the long-run, I've developed for quite a few runescape private servers before.
    All their code is Redundant and just plain dumb. The rsps community is made up of 10 year olds that don't understand programming in the least.
    Using any of the current private servers would be a big mistake. With the exception of Apollo, but i'd still highly suggest that you created your own framework.
    There would be alot less confusion and re-writing perfectly fine code because you didn't know it was there. (cannot tell you how many times i've done that)
    Also, i would suggest writing it in C++ as GunZ is in C++ so if the GunZ Developers did get involved it would be easier for them to understand, also it would
    filter out retarded Java developers who do not know what they are doing 90% of the time and will do a shitty job just because they'd get paid to anyway.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Lygophobia View Post
    If this will be a thing, what i can suggest the most is to create your own framework.
    More work, but a better payoff in the long-run, I've developed for quite a few runescape private servers before.
    All their code is Redundant and just plain dumb. The rsps community is made up of 10 year olds that don't understand programming in the least.
    Using any of the current private servers would be a big mistake. With the exception of Apollo, but i'd still highly suggest that you created your own framework.
    There would be alot less confusion and re-writing perfectly fine code because you didn't know it was there. (cannot tell you how many times i've done that)
    Also, i would suggest writing it in C++ as GunZ is in C++ so if the GunZ Developers did get involved it would be easier for them to understand, also it would
    filter out retarded Java developers who do not know what they are doing 90% of the time and will do a shitty job just because they'd get paid to anyway.
    A RuneScape Private server in C++ it's pointless. Runescape is written in java and doesn't need much control for a server, also can hold 2k players. If you wan't, feel free to write a C++ server and catch up to the point to what I have in my server. Not every java developer is retarded.

Edit: Also if Dave supports this, then Ill let him decide the name for this. For now I'll stick with Freestylers Scape.
    Last edited by Natalie; 04-04-2016 at 10:26 AM.

Lygophobia's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Tvirus06 View Post
    A RuneScape Private server in C++ it's pointless. Runescape is written in java and doesn't need much control for a server, also can hold 2k players. If you wan't, feel free to write a C++ server and catch up to the point to what I have in my server. Not every java developer is retarded.

Edit: Also if Dave supports this, then Ill let him decide the name for this. For now I'll stick with Freestylers Scape.
    90% of them are, but this isn't about Java, did you even read my post? i said so it can be worked on by the GunZ developers if needed. Your server is probably the leaked Matrix release.

ps: developing is about quality not quantity.
    Last edited by Lygophobia; 04-04-2016 at 09:24 PM.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Lygophobia View Post
    90% of them are, but this isn't about Java, did you even read my post? i said so it can be worked on by the GunZ developers if needed. Your server is probably the leaked Matrix release.

ps: developing is about quality not quantity.
    They released the actual version of that, it's only revision 830? What you on about? My revision is latest to rs3 with invention
    Last edited by Natalie; 04-04-2016 at 11:30 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information