Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Captain Douche View Post
    Ever since the GunZ source code had been made public by childish people (possibly Dawson) I am actually surprised no one has add support for GunZ with what people use till today.

I like to see Wiimote and Nunchuck being supported in FGunZ, even though I have spoken to McSic last night about this, I actually wanted to see what others think of the idea. Sure, keyboard and mouse have a FAST response time to movement and key pressing but nothing is faster than a humans reaction or reflexes. If you plan on asking "Why?", shouldn't you be asking MAIET that when they added official 360 support?

There is some pluses to this of course:

-Free movement and faster
    -The fat bastards that sit down all day can finally get some exercise in their junk food eating life.

I would also like to see some social networking added. Facebook, G+, etc. GunZ community is based on ego and shotguns and I seen a lot of people post screenshots of their wins on social networks. Game win > Game takes screenshots > Asks if you would like to submit to social networks you specified in the settings (passwords can't be stored otherwise McSic would get sued. Not that he can retrieve them anyway).

I also noticed a delay between dash and block. Fix it.

Because I known McSic for a few years now and worked with him on FGunZ, I'd be more than happy to write him libraries for such things.

Edit: By the way, McSic. In two weeks I'll take a picture of my computer running GunZ on three screens.
    First of all, you can't combine motion capture technology with a game such as GunZ, You can't be jumping a ****** ingame, and you'll have to do all the moves but standing still, unless you have a football field for yourself as a backyard with flat ground and 200 motion sensors.

Second of all, motion capture simply doesn't work good enough to implement in games further then golf and ping pong games, we've seen it with the playstation 2, the wii, the xbox kinect and none of it works smoothly enough. Which doesn't surprise because basically video programmed software is trying to convert you into a 3D space but only uses 1 camera, you can get pretty far but your still missing to much information to render a clean object.

The community idea is good, though it wouldn't work since their is to many ego, atleast on this forum / server.

2. The following 2 users say thank you to slugheady for this useful post:

Farmer Bashy (08-23-2012), Juliet (08-23-2012)

Thread Information