Originally Posted by Captain Douche View Post
MD5 is useless, Rainbow Tables can easily crack it without a problem.

If it's forum based, I'd would suggest using REST API (URL API), which I do believe vBulletin supports. If in-game, I'd suggest cloud saving so no one has to store anything on their computers and it'll be more real-time and faster to load. it would also avoid the annoying browser. Browser engines such as Trident, Gecko and WebKit aren't built for games, so even if you have a single, duo, triple or quad cores, your CPU usage will fly through the roof.

Ben/Linear did a fantastic job with Capture The Flag and I would love to see some social sharing within' the client with in-game uploads for screenshots and replays.
Linear and I did about half and half on FGunz's CTF. It's still being released to the general public on Friday on RaGEZONE as originally promised, I still gotta clean it up.
The RaGEZONE release will be Wucas' and my own work only.
Things like the arrow showing where the flag is, the screen text, etc, is all Linear's additions to my base.

On topic: If you use REST, that would be ideal, as you can assign a session to each player through the forums. Perhaps even log into the game through the forums? Dunno, Interesting concept to say the least.

MD5 is useless, but as far as I know by default GunZ passwords are unencrypted plaintext by default on both the network layer and database.. I'd hope they were encrypted by now.