Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Originally Posted by DDaggerDD View Post
    I forgot that you're still around. Legit reply from a staff member, respects yo. You have a good argument in the last half of your reply about short posts. I guess thats why we have a thanks system to avoid what you point out here. As for the start points of your reply; I've seen it forums where the users legit work together and try not to go off topic together knowing the consequences, it was pretty amazing. Seen it in other gunz server forums as well. I still don't believe closing the thread is the best way and is counter
    intuitive in the way I've stated here earlier. I believe if you guys are strict and do not wait for reports to take action, you can change the atmosphere of this forum positively. I know lots of people here go off topic and there are many useless comments (besides short comments) that only brig down threads. But if it were more strict here in the start, people wouldnt be so easy to type off topic/useless/spam replies.

Edit: I know i havent replied to some other key things you pointed out, on my phone atm hold up.
    As long as we both understand that this responsibility isn't completely left up to the moderators I think we are cool. I know this community is far from where I want it to be, and miles away from where it could be, but I think we are making progress. Everyone as a whole just needs to realize that things just work better when you are civil to each another. I never understood why being nice to others is so hard for some people.

I will try to give threads more of a chance in the future, and will suggest that to the other moderators, but if it comes between closing a thread or throwing a half dozen infractions, I will close the thread every time. A lot of people think we love to punish people, throw our power around, but that is most definitely not true for me; if anything I am too lenient. It pains me to punish members, because in most situations they are some of my closest friends. I call Freestyle a community for a reason.

In a perfect world, we wouldn't need any moderators at all.
    Last edited by Wucas Pls; 04-29-2014 at 04:43 AM.

2. The following user said thank you to Wucas Pls for this useful post:

Eddie (04-30-2014)

Thread Information