Originally Posted by DDaggerDD View Post
ur wucas, we know ur legit as the past proves, ssj4. That aside, im just talking about the closing of threads and what i've been sayin bout em. Oh also its good with ur new stand point to handle forums thanks b. K, well, i agree with closing instead of deleting a buncha stuffs. Still, I see an issue where it stands.

Now to think...

Okay. Well, let's not stop till we find a better solution is all I ask. I believe thats how a community should go about things sometimes. Like the issue on room tags, if you all can't agree on one thing, a common issue with it, don't try to continue with rants or w/e. So. Here. Let me tell you a story about the legend of the legendary forum:

There once was a forum, whose modding was tight. There wasn't a a spam of bans, nor too many fights.
They had a system that allowed popular threads to stay on first page.
These threads were exceptions, to some rules the staff made.
Popular threads would be monitored tight
rage out go off topic
spam and fight users all day
in these special threads, you might get banned one day.

Edits: Btw wucas i edited my reply that you replied to, added some more. Also, here is the method I believe is good to moderate peeps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE METHOD:
1. Staff members should not need to wait for reports to remove replies that are spam, hate comment, off topic, deemed as such in some official forum rules. Therefore, not requiring staff to wait for reports to handle these things on the forums.
2. If users in a thread start going off topic and having a 1 on 1 convo with each other that is clearly off topic, remove the whole convo.
3. Only clean a de railed thread thoroughly, once. If it starts going off topic again, close it. For other threads with small off topic replies, delete em. If you had to do at least 3+ or maybe 2+ more rounds of deleting small off topic comments, close the thread.
4. Players can ask to re-open closed threads that have gone off topic, so just clean em up n open. But if a thread goes off topic EVEN ONCE by 1 person, delete the whole thread.

Conclusion: clean up threads by deleting off topic posts. Delete all replies that are a full blown off topic convo going on within a thread. And after all that, just delete/close thread.

Regarding the popular threads. In a forum i saw, if a thread gets 20+ replies minimum, it stays at the top of the list on the first page of a forum section. Allowing players to know whats the next thing to talk about, created hype and made the forums a lot more active. These threads were monitored with the goal to keep them open, for the community.
how about no