Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    I think the part in the description where it says: "host may use rockets to speed things up" is pretty indicative of what this event actually is. Nobody likes too much host intervention especially in a PVP event and nobody likes being stuck on spectate for five rounds watching the remaining two survivors who are red ping to each other **** around for 10 minutes until one of them gets bored enough they lose concentration and finally suicide.

That said, I do think that with the new AA commands, there's room for revision here that might merit making this a 5-round event. The problem with having the host shoot rockets is that there's no way for one host to shoot multiple rockets at 2 or 3 remaining players that are just jumping around and stalling. There's a good chance that the player who gets shot first would die first and cry foul to claim that the host "aimed" them. Perhaps when the surviving players reach 3, the host would add a 30-second countdown where, when the timer hits 0, they can do some light attracting/repelling that will make it harder for the players to just stand around. Every 30 seconds the strength of the attract/repel would increase until there's finally a winner. This would make it possible for the host to hasten a stalled round while being completely unbiased.

Obviously it doesn't have to be this change. There might be even better ways that I don't know yet since I'm not too familiar with the rest of the AA commands, but the point is that if you really wanted to you can probably present some type of alternatives or tweaks instead of just complaining about it.
    Last edited by Amamin; 09-07-2022 at 04:24 PM.

Thread Information