Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jakanadin View Post
    I wish the God-hating Atheist's could learn to be like the studied Atheist's. God-hating Atheist's became Atheist's because God didn't do something for them or something for them. Like really? You expect him to take time out of his day to do something for YOU when he has quadrillion's and possibly unheard of numbers of other living organism's he watches over, and you expect him to do one thing for YOU? Get the **** out of here.
    What does this wonderful God do then?

Bulba's Avatar The Original Pokemon

Country
    Thanks
    Gods?
    Christianity believes in the ******* which is
    God, Jesus(Son of God), and The Holy Spirit.

You obviously know NOTHING about Christianity.

You want a little story buddy?:

An atheist professor of philosophy speaks to his class on the problem science has with God, The Almighty.

He asks one of his new students to stand and .....

Prof: So you believe in God?
    Student: Absolutely, sir.

Prof: Is God good?
    Student: Sure.

Prof: Is God all-powerful?
    Student: Yes.

Prof: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to God to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But God didn't. How is this God good then? Hmm? (Student is silent.)

Prof: You can't answer, can you? Let's start again, young fellow. Is God good?

Prof: Is Satan good?
    Student: No.

Prof: Where does Satan come from?
    Student: From...God...

Prof: That's right. Tell me son, is there evil in this world?

Prof: Evil is everywhere, isn't it? And God did make everything. Correct?

Prof: So who created evil?
    Student does not answer.

Prof: Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the world, don't they?
    Student: Yes, sir.

Prof: So, who created them?
    Student has no answer.

Prof: Science says you have 5 senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Tell me, son...Have you ever seen God?
    Student: No, sir.

Prof: Tell us if you have ever heard your God?
    Student: No, sir.

Prof: Have you ever felt your God, tasted your God, smelt your God? Have you ever had any sensory perception of God for that matter?
    Student: No, sir. I'm afraid I haven't.

Prof: Yet you still believe in Him?

Prof: According to empirical, testable, demonstrable protocol, science says your GOD doesn't exist. What do you say to that, son?
    Student: Nothing. I only have my faith.

Prof: Yes. Faith. And that is the problem science has.

Student: Professor, is there such a thing as heat?
    Prof: Yes.

Student: And is there such a thing as cold?
    Prof: Yes.

Student: No sir. There isn't.
    (The lecture theatre becomes very quiet with this turn of events.)

Student: Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat, mega heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat. But we don't have anything called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat, but we can't go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold. Cold is only a
    word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.
    (There is pin-drop silence in the lecture theatre.)

Student: What about darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as darkness?
    Prof: Yes. What is night if there isn't darkness?

Student: You're wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light....But if you have no light constantly, you have nothing and it's called darkness, isn't it? In reality, darkness isn't. If it were you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn't you?

Prof: So what is the point you are making, young man?
    Student: Sir, my point is your philosophical premise is flawed.

Prof: Flawed? Can you explain how?
    Student: Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life and then there is death, a good God and a bad God. You are viewing the concept of God as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, science can't even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one.

To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing. Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor. Do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?

Prof: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes, of course, I do.

Student: Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir? (The Professor shakes his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument is going.)

Student: Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor, are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher? (The class is in uproar.)

Student: Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professor's brain? (The class breaks out into laughter.)

Student: Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor's brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established rules of empirical, stable, demonstrable protocol, science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?

(The room is silent. The professor stares at the student, his face unfathomable.)

Prof: I guess you'll have to take them on faith, son.

Student: That is it sir... The link between man & god is FAITH. That
    is all that keeps things moving & alive.

SMD. Absorb.

}{it's Avatar The Go To Guy!

Thanks
    I ask this simple question. What exactly is God? Im not referring to the ominpotent person in whom most worship, but I am asking about the Title of God. What in your opinion is the definition of a God?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by }{it View Post
    I ask this simple question. What exactly is God? Im not referring to the ominpotent person in whom most worship, but I am asking about the Title of God. What in your opinion is the definition of a God?
    God is the Creator. He gave his life and then Adam/Eve sinned against God. That created a separation from God. Because of his everlasting love, he sent his Only Son, to die for our Sins. That is God.

}{it's Avatar The Go To Guy!

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bulba View Post
    God is the Creator. He gave his life and then Adam/Eve sinned against God. That created a separation from God. Because of his everlasting love, he sent his Only Son, to die for our Sins. That is God.
    '

No No, I mean my question is.. What does it take to be a God. What are the qualities, attributes of a God. I know about who God is, I am simply asking, what is it about God, that makes him God.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by }{it View Post
    '

No No, I mean my question is.. What does it take to be a God. What are the qualities, attributes of a God. I know about who God is, I am simply asking, what is it about God, that makes him God.
    Just be Holy. o_o
    God is good. Nothing more to it.

Vickachu's Avatar Vikutoru

Thanks
    Just be Holy. o_o
    God is good. Nothing more to it.
    so that's why there have been killings in his name from the day relegion came to earth. makes sence

PLAY LoL

Thanks
    Student: Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professor's brain? (The class breaks out into laughter.)

Student: Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor's brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established rules of empirical, stable, demonstrable protocol, science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?

(The room is silent. The professor stares at the student, his face unfathomable.)

Prof: I guess you'll have to take them on faith, son.

Student: That is it sir... The link between man & god is FAITH. That
    is all that keeps things moving & alive.
    he can prove he has a brain, u cant prove there is a god

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Pickachuuuu View Post
    so that's why there have been killings in his name from the day relegion came to earth. makes sence
    They probably took the meaning the different way.
    In the Bible, they say to kill off the people who believe in other gods:Baal. If you remembered from Elijah vs 450 Baal worshipers.

Originally Posted by Weredeer View Post
    he can prove he has a brain, u cant prove there is a god
    How does he prove it? Just because another "human" has it , does it automatically prove that the teacher has one?
    Did he ever see it before?
    Did he ever smell it before?
    Did he ever taste it before?
    Did he ever hear it before?

I believe not.

PLAY LoL

Thanks
    They probably took the meaning the different way.
    In the Bible, they say to kill off the people who believe in other gods:Baal. If you remembered from Elijah vs 450 Baal worshipers.

How does he prove it? Just because another "human" has it , does it automatically prove that the teacher has one?
    Did he ever see it before?
    Did he ever smell it before?
    Did he ever taste it before?
    Did he ever hear it before?

I believe not.
    ever heard of dissections? lolol

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information