Donator

Thanks
    Ok so, my router's QoS system does not want to recognise Gunz packets as important enough to bump them up the priority list.
    With my previous router, my benchmark test was to do a pingtest.net test to Sioux location in the US, which was around 130 ms, same as now. But now pings in Gunz are double the usual o.O

I am bridgin a Motorola cable modem to a D-link dir655

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Packets have nothing to do with it. Packets are just sending and recieving information.

If you are wireless, it's perhaps to do with wwhere the router is located or maybe the router is worse than the one before. If you are wireless, you can always try things such as moving the router into a more open space. Things like doors, thick walls and furniture can block of wireless communication which will result in low strengh, slowness or connection loss.

The other thing you can do (which applies to ethernet) is diable some Windows services. Not many know that Microsoft have added services that takes up internet to cause slowness in the background. It's services like sending information to Microsoft or enabled Telnet. These can be disabled by going to Run > Type in services.msc or going into your connection properties and disable by unchecking the boxes.

Donator

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Packets have nothing to do with it. Packets are just sending and recieving information.

If you are wireless, it's perhaps to do with wwhere the router is located or maybe the router is worse than the one before. If you are wireless, you can always try things such as moving the router into a more open space. Things like doors, thick walls and furniture can block of wireless communication which will result in low strengh, slowness or connection loss.

The other thing you can do (which applies to ethernet) is diable some Windows services. Not many know that Microsoft have added services that takes up internet to cause slowness in the background. It's services like sending information to Microsoft or enabled Telnet. These can be disabled by going to Run > Type in services.msc or going into your connection properties and disable by unchecking the boxes.
    What? Do you know how the internet works...?
    Of course it has to do with packets, anything that makes a connection has to do with packets, the ping is just the time it takes a PACKET whether it's a TCP packet, or an acknowledgement packet or whatever, to arrive from point a to point B.

Meduse's Avatar I am what I want to be.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    What? Do you know how the internet works...?
    Of course it has to do with packets, anything that makes a connection has to do with packets, the ping is just the time it takes a PACKET whether it's a TCP packet, or an acknowledgement packet or whatever, to arrive from point a to point B.
    no lol nothing to do with packekts just quit ucing lol.

Back to Basic.

Juriën's Avatar :(){ :|: & };:

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Meduse View Post
    no lol nothing to do with packekts just quit ucing lol.
    Stfu he's right.

Ontopic. The last time you pinged that thing. Was it back in the days when the fgunz host servers were still in america?
    Or after they got transfered to holland?

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2

Donator

Thanks
    Originally Posted by KingHaze View Post
    Stfu he's right.

Ontopic. The last time you pinged that thing. Was it back in the days when the fgunz host servers were still in america?
    Or after they got transfered to holland?

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2
    Yesterday xD
    Anyway, I have gone back to my old router, I have decided to run the cable modem as the DHCP and NAPT server and then just disable wireless there and pass all traffic throug the d-link that way I can make the d-link focus on QoS and the cable modem for the DOCSIS and the amplituted modulation to send the data to through the cable modem and the DHCP and NAPT

oi Blake

Thanks
    i understood exactly 0% of that
    Decided to burn a lot of calories today, so I set a fat kid on fire.

Donator

Thanks
    Originally Posted by MadameDeath View Post
    i understood exactly 0% of that
    Ummm... let me try to explain:

Routers like computers have CPUs and they can handle certain amount of things, if they have to handle too much they will throttle and add to the ping.
    I have a cable modem (that takes care of converting all the goodies from the internet (packets) into signals that can be send over a wire to my ISP) and I also have a router, which has a feature called Qualit of Service, what that does (basically) it prioritizes packets (so, gaming packets have highest priority (in my case)) and makes it so that they go on the fast lane so to speak.

And what I am going to do is: Disable the wireless on my cable modem and make it so that the router is the one giving the wireless so that when connections come, it can prioritize between my gaming and my father's downloads for example.

Divine's Avatar Ex Head Game Moderator

Country
    Thanks
    Do you use wireless or cable connected?

Just wondering? Cables are better strength then wireless for games like Gunz.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

Thread Information