Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by HZOR View Post
    Not in catholicism and orthodoxism , and it also isn't written in the bibble that we should do it.
    Today, most Christian denominations are neutral about biblical male circumcision, neither requiring it nor forbidding it. Circumcision was controversial during the period of Early Christianity (before 325) and the first Church Council in Jerusalem (c.50) declared that circumcision was not necessary for new gentile converts (a record of the council is found in Acts 15). But it is customary among the Coptic, Ethiopian, and Eritrean Orthodox Churches, and also some other African churches.[25] Some Christian churches in South Africa oppose circumcision, viewing it as a pagan ritual, while others, including the Nomiya church in Kenya,[25][26] require circumcision for membership. Some participants in focus group discussions in Zambia and Malawi said that Christians should practice circumcision because Jesus was circumcised and the Bible teaches the practice.
    "Scène de la circoncision de Jésus", a sculpture in the Cathedral of Chartres.

While Jesus' circumcision was recorded as having been performed in accordance with Torah requirements in Luke 2:21, according to the Acts of the Apostles, chapter 15, the leaders of the Christian Church at the Council of Jerusalem rejected circumcision as a requirement for Gentile converts, possibly the first act of differentiation of Early Christianity from its Jewish roots,[27] see also list of events in early Christianity. Paul of Tarsus, who called himself Apostle to the Gentiles, attacked the practice, but not consistently, for example in one case he personally circumcised Timothy "because of the Jews" that were in town (Timothy had a Jewish Christian mother but a Greek father Acts 16:1–3).[28] He also appeared to praise its value in Rom 3:1–2, hence the topic of Paul of Tarsus and Judaism is still debated. Paul argued that circumcision no longer meant the physical, but a spiritual practice (Rom 2:25–29). And in that sense, he wrote 1 Cor 7:18: "Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised"—probably a reference to the practice of epispasm.[29] Paul was already circumcised ("on the eighth day", Phil 3–5) when he was "called". He added: "Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised", and went on to argue that circumcision did not matter: "Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God's commands is what counts (1 Cor 7:19)."

Like I said, Christianity SUPPORTS circumcision, but it's controversial.

Vickachu's Avatar Vikutoru

Thanks
    Religion allowed it ? Find me the quote in the bible allowing it . People interpreting bible in the wrong way isn't out fault. And I know for fact that those wars would have happened without religions too , they'd just find another excuse to kill innocent people and get power.
    and when they do that i'll attack that other excuse. but for now i'll stick to religion

KR4K3N's Avatar _-Thor-_

Thanks

Originally Posted by Boostage123 View Post
    funny thing is i can hack and people would still think im legit cause im so good at this game

The God

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    For Jews only actually, Muslim's don't do that ******ed shit. Neither do we get tattoo's.
    WHAT?! Khitān (Arabic: ختان‎) or Khatna (Arabic: ختنة‎) is the term for male circumcision carried out as an Islamic rite. It is considered by some as a sign of belonging or introduction to the wider Islamic community.[1] It is also referred to by the term Taharah, "purity".
    Islamic circumcision is analogous to Jewish circumcision, although there are a number of key differences with Muslims currently being the largest single religious group where the practice is widespread.[1] Circumcision is not mentioned in the Qur'an, but rather in the hadith and whether or not it should be carried out after converting to Islam is debated among Islamic scholars.

Steff's Avatar Kira I am lonely </3

Thanks
    that wasn't funny u always post funny stuff pls post funny stuff

Donator

Thanks
    Religion allowed it ? Find me the quote in the bible allowing it . People interpreting bible in the wrong way isn't out fault. And I know for fact that those wars would have happened without religions too , they'd just find another excuse to kill innocent people and get power.
    It wans't religion in general, it could have been anything really, except that religion came in handy at the right time and the right place. With a lack of any type of technological developments and science still in the shadows religion was able to be a strong persuading force and lead to a lot of wars due to it.

Read up on european pastors, they weren't even educated enough to read nor translate the bible to the people they were preaching too and often made up lies and said whatever to fill in for the bible, so not only were they stealing from them (making them pay money, etc.) They weren't even reading the 'real' bible and feed them nonsense. Making them a bunch of blind sheep.

Also what wars are you talking about? There are a lot of 'wars' and majority of them wouldn't have happened had religion not even been in the equation.

The God

Thanks
    Originally Posted by KingHaze View Post
    BOOOOOOOOM
    'nuff said.

find me a quote of not allowing it.
    What? Did you even read bible ? It keeps saying killing innocent people isn't right , excuse me sir , but did you except to read " don't murder people for not being christian" in the bible?

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by KingHaze View Post
    BOOOOOOOOM
    'nuff said.

find me a quote of not allowing it.
    pls stop talk poep

Vickachu's Avatar Vikutoru

Thanks
    the thing is HZOR.. religion for one person is perfectly fine. but when you get societys build opon a religion things go bad

The God

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Godkilla1211 View Post
    It wans't religion in general, it could have been anything really, except that religion came in handy at the right time and the right place. With a lack of any type of technological developments and science still in the shadows religion was able to be a strong persuading force and lead to a lot of wars due to it.

Read up on european pastors, they weren't even educated enough to read nor translate the bible to the people they were preaching too and often made up lies and said whatever to fill in for the bible, so not only were they stealing from them (making them pay money, etc.) They weren't even reading the 'real' bible and feed them nonsense. Making them a bunch of blind sheep.

Also what wars are you talking about? There are a lot of 'wars' and majority of them wouldn't have happened had religion not even been in the equation.
    You're supporting what I am saying but you write it like you are aregueing with me O_o

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information