View Poll Results: Do You Use Archetype?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

71 71.00%
  • NO

15 15.00%
  • SOMETIMES (Give Explanation)

14 14.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Ultra's Avatar Ultra mode on everything.

Thanks
    i comment yes but i vote no hhh

Cute Nymph's Avatar Being Kunaged since 09'

Thanks
    I use archtype all the time lol cause without archtype it hurts my eyes ;-;

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas Pls View Post
    Well there is a glitch in RealSpace 2.0 (GunZ's visual engine) that allows us to force some textures on all players, so we are planning on doing to really nice looking maps that are stripped to the bare minimum. Instead of having horrible looking textures, you would see the same thing as someone using a high detail'd texture setting.
    The point of the bland textures is so people stand out in the air against walls etc. forcing us to see a texture would defeat this purpose.

Jash's Avatar A S D F

Country
    Thanks
    I like Archetype in town only '-'
    But i dont like it on other maps

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Originally Posted by KoVuMASA View Post
    The point of the bland textures is so people stand out in the air against walls etc. forcing us to see a texture would defeat this purpose.
    I can't see how you can say that there is a point to bland textures when archetype was never intended by MAIET to begin with. GunZ has these things called texture levels, using lower quality bitmaps depending on the quality level set. Originally there were three levels (Low Medium High; texture level 2, 1, 0 in that order) Archetype was a glitch in Real Space 2.0 using a texture level of an 8.

Archetype defeats the purpose of textures, not the other way around. We simply are trying to find a way to a happy medium.
    Last edited by Wucas Pls; 01-31-2014 at 12:30 AM.

Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks
    It really doesn't create much of a difference for me except maybe 20'ish frames. Considering I average 400 with no models in sight on basically any map (Superflip usually drops to 300 due to a lot of shit); to me it's somewhat useless.

250 is good for me anyways because any higher there's unnoticeable input delay differences and stresses my GPU less.

But for others with weaker PCs it's generally a good idea.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas Pls View Post
    I can't see how you can say that there is a point to bland textures when archetype was never intended by MAIET to begin with.
    Pretty sure he meant "the point of using bland textures" not "the point of including bland textures in the game".

Archetype aids visibility in matches, allowing people to spot and focus on targets more accurately. Removing it from the more competitive game modes- TDM especially- would be a bad move. That said, it probably doesn't matter much if you force Archetype off in training rooms or the sillier game modes that people play to goof around.

However, forcing people to appreciate high quality maps you make by disabling Archetype is kind of egoistic, imo. You should let people have the freedom to choose how their game looks. I do think it would be nice of you to put in the work to make nice looking maps but I'm sad to say many people probably wouldn't care that much.

I use Archetype all the time.

Steff's Avatar Kira I am lonely </3

Thanks
    I always use archetype.
    1. To increase FPS
    2. Without archetype I cannot see the target because he/she blends in easilly most of the time (thats how it looks like to me).

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Backward View Post
    Pretty sure he meant "the point of using bland textures" not "the point of including bland textures in the game".

Archetype aids visibility in matches, allowing people to spot and focus on targets more accurately. Removing it from the more competitive game modes- TDM especially- would be a bad move. That said, it probably doesn't matter much if you force Archetype off in training rooms or the sillier game modes that people play to goof around.

However, forcing people to appreciate high quality maps you make by disabling Archetype is kind of egoistic, imo. You should let people have the freedom to choose how their game looks. I do think it would be nice of you to put in the work to make nice looking maps but I'm sad to say many people probably wouldn't care that much.

I use Archetype all the time.
    I don't see where all of you are coming up with this "forcing archetype off". We simply are using textures that allow for both accuracy and still look decent. I apologize that I can't stand seeing a 4pixel bitmap stretched across 500,000 pixels worth of screen space.

Bland textures will stay, but the horrible looking archtype has got to go.

yakaki24's Avatar Have a nice day :)

Country
    Thanks
    I use archetype all the time.

Reasons :

Easy to see target.
    Better Fps.
    Movement looks better.
    No annoying textures.

11. The following user said thank you to yakaki24 for this useful post:

AppaKush (02-01-2014)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast