Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by CaptainEden View Post
    i agree with you about chaning the dt maps to cw maps, i suggested a new dt maps but meh my suggestion was ignored
    Changing the maps is good, but everyone should know the reason behind these changes that have been suggested;
    The goal: To get players that like 1v1 actively playing much more, which can lead to more donations. Take advantage of the 1v1 competitiveness that has been strong since forever, that matches the competitiveness in clanwar
    (Read this if then plan from bottom up)
    (Note since there would be a dinstinguishd aim for meta dueling if this happens, having room tags like R and Ia would not even be worth a discussion anymore to almost no one. Simply because if there is no aim for certain things i angame, it will be consumed by emergent gameplay, and by what is easily adaptable to. However, if there is a clear aim, and DT, meets standards (no mods, my new suggested shotgun perfect balance idea) Then yea.

8. Then, goal achived.
    7. Then, more money, attract more players, etc.
    6. Then, if have decent donors that appeal to a duelist, combined with active duelin players
    5. If do that, then you will have a constant monthly flow of active players around the 1v1 community
    4. If do the previous, certain players will play dt more often to play in monthly tournies.
    3. Use new duel tourny and reinforce it by having a monthly tournament that is available to the top 16 Players. or 32, with prize.
    2. Then duelists have new platform and will be actively playing more often, and trying to advance passively or non.
    1. If Use duel tourny and adjust it to meet well known 1v1 meta standards

Originally Posted by Kira View Post
    You are not special, so why don't you just post suggestions in the suggestion thread.

And all you are saying is stupid, just make player wars like ***.
    Is this a serious reply? lol, sounds like someone let there little brother/sister on their forum account. (Im legit being serious). And you should know the answer to your first question if this is really kira.
    Last edited by DDaggerDD; 05-15-2014 at 12:07 AM.

Kira's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by DDaggerDD View Post
    sounds like someone let there little brother/sister on their forum account.

You spelled their wrong.
    Last edited by Kira; 05-15-2014 at 12:12 AM.

Freestyler's Senior

Country
    Thanks
    Changing the maps is good, but everyone should know the reason behind these changes that have been suggested;
    The goal: To get players that like 1v1 actively playing much more, which can lead to more donations. Take advantage of the 1v1 competitiveness that has been strong since forever, that matches the competitiveness in clanwar
    (Read this if then plan from bottom up)
    (Note since there would be a dinstinguishd aim for meta dueling if this happens, having room tags like R and Ia would not even be worth a discussion anymore to almost no one. Simply because if there is no aim for certain things i angame, it will be consumed by emergent gameplay, and by what is easily adaptable to. However, if there is a clear aim, and DT, meets standards (no mods, my new suggested shotgun perfect balance idea) Then yea.

8. Then, goal achived.
    7. Then, more money, attract more players, etc.
    6. Then, if have decent donors that appeal to a duelist, combined with active duelin players
    5. If do that, then you will have a constant monthly flow of active players around the 1v1 community
    4. If do the previous, certain players will play dt more often to play in monthly tournies.
    3. Use new duel tourny and reinforce it by having a monthly tournament that is available to the top 16 Players. or 32, with prize.
    2. Then duelists have new platform and will be actively playing more often, and trying to advance passively or non.
    1. If Use duel tourny and adjust it to meet well known 1v1 meta standards

well the dt is inactive.. anyways i think it should be replaced or developed to the better, i announce it daily every 30-60 mins, people play a match then they leave the dt channel maybe because there isn't a prize of winning dt

Freestyler

Thanks
    well the dt is inactive.. anyways i think it should be replaced or developed to the better, i announce it daily every 30-60 mins, people play a match then they leave the dt channel maybe because there isn't a prize of winning dt
    I believe the steps I plotted down will lead to DT being more active. Including: different maps, fewer players or just somethig that will result in shorter wait times and slightly longer 1v1 fights while having DT remain to be a viable compettive option, also, yea. We want to bring as many 1v1ners to DT, and maybe some people just looking for spars. It all should be possible, editing DT. Also, if some clan mates egoing other clan's clanmates in a tdm, it can be settled in clanwar right? If there we can get DT to get people say, when they are egoing and some1 says 1v1 right now scrub, It would be more beneficial to get them to 1v1 in DT, by making DT a perfect match for traditional 1v1s (with people watching). These guys would want to come 1v1 in dt and have everyone see em crush their ego head opponent or something. Thers a lot of potential.

Even with DT's elimination round, could be like, hey, you cant even pass eliminatjons to get to me, lol.
    I know a new system would be great, excluding DT, but its possible to use DT, modding it up, would save time and other things, gotta think about these factors.

Freestyler's Senior

Country
    Thanks
    I believe the steps I plotted down will lead to DT being more active. Including: different maps, fewer players or just somethig that will result in shorter wait times and slightly longer 1v1 fights while having DT remain to be a viable compettive option, also, yea. We want to bring as many 1v1ners to DT, and maybe some people just looking for spars. It all should be possible, editing DT. Also, if some clan mates egoing other clan's clanmates in a tdm, it can be settled in clanwar right? If there we can get DT to get people say, when they are egoing and some1 says 1v1 right now scrub, It would be more beneficial to get them to 1v1 in DT, by making DT a perfect match for traditional 1v1s (with people watching). These guys would want to come 1v1 in dt and have everyone see em crush their ego head opponent or something. Thers a lot of potential.

Even with DT's elimination round, could be like, hey, you cant even pass eliminatjons to get to me, lol.
    I know a new system would be great, excluding DT, but its possible to use DT, modding it up, would save time and other things, gotta think about these factors.
    the thing which will make the dt improve is to change its maps and to add a monthly reward for top 3 ranks in dt, the duel tourney is all good as its now, no need to change/remove anything. the only two things that should be added, adding a maps + reward for top 3 ranks.

Freestyler

Thanks
    the thing which will make the dt improve is to change its maps and to add a monthly reward for top 3 ranks in dt, the duel tourney is all good as its now, no need to change/remove anything. the only two things that should be added, adding a maps + reward for top 3 ranks.
    That's basically all that I have said, expect there are other issues like I think it was mr guy said, how most people looking for competitive ranked 1v1s just want to 1v1 and not wait and watch other people constantly fight. It is a valid point. And just rewarding the top 3 ranks imo isn't anything, same with clanwar. I think there should be monthly tournaments that are for the top 16 ranks and reward the top 3 players within those instead of giving it to just the top 3 in clanwar/duel tourney. However who cares, rewarding the top 3 in DT would be okay lol.

But um like in ijji, Seasonal Clan tournaments supported clan wars in general. To get in the tourney, you would have to be in top 32 clans in clanwar. This helped clan war be active and kept people clan warring, gave them a reason. If there was a prize for the top 3 in clanwar combined with this, clanwar would be boosted up so much back then. It can still happen now, even with duel tournament. If there is no seasonal championship that WILL go through and is guaranteed to happen every time, then to make DT more competitive and even attempt to better it, will slowly go down the drain.

Freestyler's Senior

Country
    Thanks
    That's basically all that I have said, expect there are other issues like I think it was mr guy said, how most people looking for competitive ranked 1v1s just want to 1v1 and not wait and watch other people constantly fight. It is a valid point. And just rewarding the top 3 ranks imo isn't anything, same with clanwar. I think there should be monthly tournaments that are for the top 16 ranks and reward the top 3 players within those instead of giving it to just the top 3 in clanwar/duel tourney. However who cares, rewarding the top 3 in DT would be okay lol.

But um like in ijji, Seasonal Clan tournaments supported clan wars in general. To get in the tourney, you would have to be in top 32 clans in clanwar. This helped clan war be active and kept people clan warring, gave them a reason. If there was a prize for the top 3 in clanwar combined with this, clanwar would be boosted up so much back then. It can still happen now, even with duel tournament. If there is no seasonal championship that WILL go through and is guaranteed to happen every time, then to make DT more competitive and even attempt to better it, will slowly go down the drain.
    i've never seen people complaining about "watching other people fight in dt" lol, if you think that the dt should be changed in the way you explained then they have to re-code it or whatever, but imo i dont see the need of this since its fine as it is now but only need to change the maps and to add a prize for the top 3 ranks in dt as there is a prize for top 3 clans

Freestyler

Thanks
    i've never seen people complaining about "watching other people fight in dt" lol, if you think that the dt should be changed in the way you explained then they have to re-code it or whatever, but imo i dont see the need of this since its fine as it is now but only need to change the maps and to add a prize for the top 3 ranks in dt as there is a prize for top 3 clans
    man watching is pretty bad cause like you can't even see how the player's aiming cus of lead and all that I mean who wants to watch some guy aim at space. People probably don't complain about it cause they're all alt tab well there's really nothing they can do cause dt has always been like that. Also if we're honest here you gotta wait a pretty long time if you advance through dt and wait for the other guys to fight each other and damn the wait... most people once they lose a match immediately just leave to the lobby I guess that gives you some indication on how people just wanna fight and leave.

9. The following user said thank you to Akimbo for this useful post:

DDaggerDD (05-16-2014)

Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Akimbo View Post
    man watching is pretty bad cause like you can't even see how the player's aiming cus of lead and all that I mean who wants to watch some guy aim at space. People probably don't complain about it cause they're all alt tab well there's really nothing they can do cause dt has always been like that. Also if we're honest here you gotta wait a pretty long time if you advance through dt and wait for the other guys to fight each other and damn the wait... most people once they lose a match immediately just leave to the lobby I guess that gives you some indication on how people just wanna fight and leave.
    Yea, man. If people came to 1v1, that's what they want. Although it is very good to 1v1 against multiple different players to face different styles, if you have to wait too long, whats the point if it is just like regular duel rooms, but with a slightly extended 1v1 match at the end of the tourney. Plus it should be easy to just reduce the bracket size, make the final fight a longer match and remove un-wanted maps for official 1v1s, add more maps without having to scrap the whole thing.

Freestyler's Senior

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Akimbo View Post
    so you complain about watching other people fight, don't you watch people fighting in duel rooms or tdms? lol...
    well, let's say i agree with you, what the dt would be replaced for?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information