Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Linzor's Avatar White shores, and beyond

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Traumatiser View Post
    If thats how you really feel and think it should be run then its a lost cause.. I would expect a little slight just a smidgen of 'yeah possibly' but considering your mindset is so fixated on thinking what you and other staff members are doing is right then continue godspeed and enjoy the fall of this server as it continues to crash.
    I don't know what you are refering to here, this?
    Ye I agree. It will feel pointless if you ban someone and then they pop up again 3 months later like "wazzup I'm back! Am I hacking again? U don't know but try me bitch lulz"
    Everything else I said in that post is nothing about what I personally feel, it's how things are currently like.

Originally Posted by EternalBeast View Post
    Recently, Soldatos (a clan war player) was unbanned within 2-3 weeks & a two-time hacker like Xhaka was unbanned in a month. Another guy called Professional got unbanned 1-2 days after his ban for shotbot just because he apologized. Maybe they share the source of their hacks or be honest/apologize, but it's not fair to everyone else.

This goes to show that some people with no prior record can take advantage of hacks for as long as they get caught, and then make a quick return after showing remorse in their unban appeals.

Rain's idea about having a profile badge or separate user group for hackers on the forum is great. And frankly, why not? Why protect their reputation? They just get unbanned and act like they're the shit; as if nothing ever happened. At the very least, the staff should once again start maintaining a list of illegitimate players on the forum.
    Yeah I know, it is complicated though and more to it than you think. But I know there are some who are immediately unbanned with the excuse being that "I tried it for one second in training room", and I don't know but I assume that McSic and Dave can tell if that is true or not, and so they might show a bit remorse than what we usually do. But I don't completely know how the GM's run things currently, I've been out of that game since I was a GM myself so I don't know how things really look like right now.

Yeah sure, I got nothing against Rain's idea of showing they were once a hacker, but I can imagine so many people getting warned/infracted because of it since it will still not make bullying okay on the forum, and that badge or w/e is definitely going to start fights.

3 months is actually reasonable considering the current state of the server, but bans for hacking should actually be unconditional and last the full 3 months, followed by some 'recognition' on their in-game/forum profiles when they get unbanned. GunZ players have too much of an ego, so something like this would definitely make people think hard before hacking. We can all see how easy it is to get away with it right now.
    I personally agree with Rain though, I do not think 3 months is enough or ok. What I noticed as a GM was that many people who got themselves banned for hacks, usually hacked again just a few weeks later. If they didn't learn after being banned for 6 months then they're not gonna learn after being banned for just 3 months either.

2. The following user said thank you to Linzor for this useful post:

Rain (01-24-2019)

Thread Information