Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I don't disagree that the development team has made efforts towards making the game more unique, but they added things without our consent and judgement which was a huge turn off right off the bat for alot of people (gem and weapon upgrading system) which was removed after getting so much hate.
    This could've been prevented if they offered a V8 beta/test server to all players (not just VIPs) and gave us sufficient time to experience all features and post feedback before the actual release. Proper discussions with the whole community would've certainly been useful. They eventually got rid of gems and weapon upgrades—two significant features which probably took a lot of time to develop. A wasted effort there, isn't it?

Items were all priced 0 bounty and then suddenly became way too expensive to afford (90-100K for a high level dagger?), and the low bounty rates made it worse. Now, gems are gone and the prices of most items are so insignificant, that bounty is practically useless again (except for Avatars). Back to square one.

Range-based damage on weapons and 6 second reload times on machine guns. A new hitbox system where PBs aren't as effective and still tend to surprise (and annoy) us most of the time. Again, all the grief would've been prevented if this was discussed in advance or if more players were allowed to try it and to see if they could get used to it.

...And the list goes on. I don't mean to rant here, and I'm certainly not in a position to assert this—but in my opinion, a lot of unnecessary actions could've been prevented to keep players happy. This is especially important with such a low player count now. I know quite a few people who have already stopped playing on FG.

While I appreciate that the people in charge have actually listened to us and rolled back a few features and made improvements to others, the lack of discussion is demotivating. I posted topics suggesting some changes to the CTF mode and another one about improving certain aspects of Quests, but they were simply locked with no response. CTF is completely dead, but was extremely popular prior to the update. Something needs to be done.
    A simple discussion, or at least something along the lines of "we will consider this", or even "no, because [reason]" would help. Otherwise, it just deters players from posting more suggestions (mostly minor ones, that require no coding or major work) to improve the gameplay experience.

I get that this community has been around for a long time, this game is old, and there's no incentive for the leaders to invest their time into this anymore, but minor things can make a big difference ingame. Or at the very least, things should be left the way they are if players are happy (v7 is a good example). We really don't need any new major features as we still play this game for what it always has been. I just hope there are no more sudden changes in the future. Deal with the hacks and we'll be happy!

Okay, too much? I'll stop!

Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by EternalBeast; 12-24-2017 at 04:31 PM.

2. The following 8 users say thank you to EternalBeast for this useful post:

Alegra (01-02-2018), Amers (12-24-2017), Bunny (12-24-2017), Canpai (12-24-2017), Mattie (12-24-2017), Senyagami (12-24-2017), TeaShop (12-27-2017), Want_Smack (12-30-2017)

Thread Information